The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The midfield in particular requires urgent attention.

It would help if N'Zogbia would start playing. Thought we were promised 1 brilliant performance in 5. I'm waiting...

The N'Zogbia situation is very frustrating. I really think we need to give him a go as a more central playmaker, because a huge issue seems to be he gets pushed out wide on the byline and has trouble getting past his defender. In the centre I feel he would have more space to work with and be able to use a bit more creativity.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last 20 he should have tried to change our shape as it was clear things were not working. We should have gone three at the back, something like- Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, 4 across the middle - Albrighton, Petrov, Bannan, Gabby and gone with Bent and Heskey up top. We had to score yet we simply kept playing 4-4-1. It was madness putting Heskey in central midfield. He should have been up top with Bent and possibly Gabby feeding off his knock ons/hold up play.

The sending off didn't help but it shouldn't mask over what was a very poor display. Teams go down to ten all the time but you still need to have a go in an attacking sense and most definitely when your losing. I can't remember Foster making a save all game.

Just get to the end of the season in the division and change manager ...thanks.

Then have another season of having to accept average because its a new managers first season?

I have no problem with him being ex blues but the fact is he is an average manager. The two players he bought in have been piss poor, aside from Given he has added nothing to our squad.

Home games are shit to go to, even vs WBA today it was shite. Nobody is going to go to away games to watch this defensive crap and hope Darren Bent bangs away the two chances our whole team will create in 90 minutes.

Honestly, Id rather we get taken oven by some oil bloke and have him bankroll us to a decent team, would I dislike to have a club that has been sold to the devil? Yes. Would I care if we were winning, playing good football and having european nights and cup finals? Would I ****.

Football is all about having a ton of cash, find someone thats got it.

Just get to the end of the season in the division and change manager ...thanks.

Then have another season of having to accept average because its a new managers first season?

I have no problem with him being ex blues but the fact is he is an average manager. The two players he bought in have been piss poor, aside from Given he has added nothing to our squad.

Home games are shit to go to, even vs WBA today it was shite. Nobody is going to go to away games to watch this defensive crap and hope Darren Bent bangs away the two chances our whole team will create in 90 minutes.

Honestly, Id rather we get taken oven by some oil bloke and have him bankroll us to a decent team, would I dislike to have a club that has been sold to the devil? Yes. Would I care if we were winning, playing good football and having european nights and cup finals? Would I ****.

Football is all about having a ton of cash, find someone thats got it.

Yeah but hopefully the new manager would be someone quite exciting and has the ability to maybe build a team and get us playing decent football regularly.

When we got McLeish, I expected mid table, average football, for the most part mainly negative. Seen pretty much what I expected and I didn't want him here in the first place for those reasons (nothing to do with Blues etc...i think that's childish) so nothing has changed.

Could be worse, could have had Martinez!

Martinez has done well at Wigan considering the funding that he has there. He certainly had the Zog playing - something McLeish can't even get close to! And he does try to play football, as he did with Swansea. It would be at least interesting to see what he could do with a better squad.

Martinez >>>> McLeish every time for me.

Mcleish is doing ok with the resources he has. Our team is no better than Houllier's, Oleary's or Taylor's, infact I'd say he's been dealt the worst hand out of the 4. Battling for mid table mediocrity is the status quo now, get used to it.

Those baffled by his choices today, who would you have played? Delfouneso?... Ireland!?!

He's doing as well as Houllier did last year (if not better) but with 3 fewer internationals and a weaker squad.

Mcleish is doing ok with the resources he has. Our team is no better than Houllier's, Oleary's or Taylor's, infact I'd say he's been dealt the worst hand out of the 4. Battling for mid table mediocrity is the status quo now, get used to it.

Those baffled by his choices today, who would you have played? Delfouneso?... Ireland!?!

He's doing as well as Houllier did last year (if not better) but with 3 fewer internationals and a weaker squad.

And at this point Houllier didn't have a natural goal scorer or a world class keeper and of course N'Zogbia.

Martinez has done well at Wigan considering the funding that he has there. He certainly had the Zog playing - something McLeish can't even get close to! And he does try to play football, as he did with Swansea. It would be at least interesting to see what he could do with a better squad.

Martinez >>>> McLeish every time for me.

I agree with you.

And at this point Houllier didn't have a natural goal scorer or a world class keeper and of course N'Zogbia.

No, but overall, I'd rather have the team from 12 months ago personally.

Have to say, why the Eck do we stick Collins up front for the last few minutes when we have someone playing in centre mid who was an England centre forward, pathetic.

Bring Heskey on -> start lumping it forward. Not ideal, but understandable. Except Heskey's playing centre mid and seeing the ball sail over his head, where our two strikers (not tall) lose every ball to Olsson (tall).

Down to 10 men? Try not to lose the midfield. What happens? We end up with Petrov basically in their on his own against the entire WBA midfield, as Heskey doesn't have the positional sense to play centre mid (which is understandable, he's never played there before McLeish had his Eureka moment this season).

There was no Plan A when we went down to 10 men, let alone a Plan B. To be honest, there rarely seems a Plan A when we have 11 men.

No, but overall, I'd rather have the team from 12 months ago personally.

I'd rather the team from 6 months ago

He was given a 3 year contract . We're stuck with him unfortunately.

Maybe. I think he'll be here for the 3 years unless we get taken over or relegated and I wouldn't rule out either one of them happening sometime between now and next summer.

I'm not anti or pro Mcleish, but he was clueless today. Heskey in midfield? Hoof ball tactics? Infuriating to watch

IN fairness we needed somebody in midfield with a bit of presence and on our bench Heskey was best the only player capable of this. wouldnt throw Ireland or Albrighton in to centre midfield in a game like that

Was Clark on the bench today? I'd have had him instead. Normally I'd have no problem with bringing Heskey on in a situation where we need a bit of presence, but he was so diabolical against Man City that I didn't feel it could be justified today.

In the match thread some said they thought Heskey was 'great', personally I saw him as diabolical once again - and like I say, normally I'm among the minority who appreciate the role he plays.

Where Eck fell down was he had a chance to do the right thing before we were pegged back to 1-1 in the first half. IMO he should have taken the largely ineffectual (again) Insomnia off and replaced with Clark to at least provide a bit more metal/tackling nous in the centre of midfield. It was the lack of this change at half time (down to 10 men, obviously going to have to sustain a bit of pressure in the 2nd half) that resulted in 2-1. We got bossed for ages from the start of the 2nd half, and even earned Shay a yellow card.

Sadly - today will all be about Phil Fecking Dowd. The cheating word removed. Again. The cheating cu*t. The ****. He had such a strange game. Even his tits are larger this term - gonna get him a bra for Christmas.

Â