Which trophy would you rather win?

TRS-T

Which would you rather win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather win?

• FA Cup
    • UEFA Europa League

What we need is for the English teams to do better in the Europa League.

i.e. Spurs, Stoke and Fulham all get to the Europa League semi-finals

And then an all-English final.

Interest in the Europa League in this country would then increase massively

Similar to the 2007-08 Champions League when we had Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U in the semi-finals and then of course the Man U-Chelsea final in Moscow.

For Villa, now, I voted for Europa League. Bit of a rubbish competition but it would improve Villa's "stock" across Europe and make us more appealing for players on the continent. If we won the FA cup it would be great but nothing could really come of it in terms of moving forwards.

What we need is for the English teams to do better in the Europa League.

but why would they bother? not enough prize money to make it worth them trying

That is the problem, Uefa need to reduce the CL down in size, and spread the money into the Europa to make it worthwhile. They won't though as the big 16 or whatever they are called want to protect their cash cow.

You've got to beat the best in the competition to win the FA Cup, the best are'nt even in the Europa League...

The Europa League is harder to win than the FA Cup.

Why do you say that?

FA Cup you have to/could face Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool...all in the top 20 clubs in Europe.

To win the Europa league, you have to face who exactly?! Juventus? Shaktar?

You've got to beat the best in the competition to win the FA Cup, the best are'nt even in the Europa League...

Why do you say that?

FA Cup you have to/could face Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool...all in the top 20 clubs in Europe.

You could also face Wigan, West Brom and Cardiff.

And the Europa has more matches as well.

Man City route to 2011 FA Cup Final - Leicester, Notts County, Villa, Reading, Man U

Stoke route to 2011 FA Cup Final - Cardiff, Wolves, Brighton, West Ham, Bolton

Porto route to 2011 Europa League Final - Genk, CSKA Sofia, Rapid Vienna, Besiktas, Sevilla, CSKA Moscow, Spartak Moscow, Villarreal

Braga route to 2011 Europa League final - Lech Poznan, Liverpool, Dynamo Kiev, Benfica

Why do you say that?

You could also face Wigan, West Brom and Cardiff.

And the Europa has more matches as well.

Man City route to 2011 FA Cup Final - Leicester, Notts County, Villa, Reading, Man U, Stoke

Porto route to 2011 Europa League Final - Genk, CSKA Sofia, Rapid Vienna, Besiktas, Sevilla, CSKA Moscow, Spartak Moscow, Villarreal, Braga

I see your point mate, i suppose its personal opinion. I would say you see more upsets in the FA Cup than you do in the Europa League, not that that counts for anything apart from the fact some teams see the Europa League as a distraction...everyone wants to win the FA Cup.

Actually, I've only ever really considered the Europa a distraction, whilst its 'big brother' is the big prize, despite just becoming a moneyspinner for all involved now. At worst it can actually have something of a detrimental effect on your season.

For me, the FA Cup still and always will mean the most. From a young age, I can remember with great fondness organising your whole life around Cup Final Saturday. And its a constant source of great football stories, from the unlikeliest of giantkillers to individuals who you always seem to associate with certain years Cup heroics.

Â