GTA 5

Genie

It's a shame online is so problematic because it's full of great character cameos.

I'll put it behind a spoiler because I liked the feeling of meeting them without realising I was going to so I won't ruin that for anyone else -

An elderly but still frightening El Burro from the first game (Now living not far from the area named after him) who then called on his gang members for a 'gang-bang' resulting in what must have been about thirty heavily armed mexicans appearing to try and kill me so I had to flee as they gave chase.

Then seeing a middle-aged wealthy business man named Carl Johnson in a very fetching suit near where Lester moves Franklin in the main game as he gave me some valuable advice about hustling.

Were two interesting encounters.

Plus I seem to be an enemy of Trevors and he's not impressed I'm not scared of him.

I imagine everyone will have these encounters, another reason to put them behind a cut, so I hope they make you smile as much as they did me

Saw others doing a glitch with one of the missions online. Upto $400k now!

Yeah I've done that a bit (a lot) but I regretted it a little. I got what I wanted and I don't particularly feel like I earned it, there is still a lot to buy/do though so it doesn't matter so much.

You can make a fair amount of money by standing by a dual carriage way by one of the Mod shops, stealing a car, driving it in to the mod shop, selling it and then repeating the process until you get bored.

EDIT - Oh, no you can't. Well not one after the other anyway, they say they don't need any more if you keep trying to do it :( hehe

Edited by 8pints

I was livid last night with this game, for two reasons. The first was that now that I've completed the game I'm going round doing some of the sidemissions. I started doing the triathalons, and got to the third one. What the hell is wrong with Rockstar for putting that in the game? It took me just under half an hour and I was winning up until the last few checkpoints where I just missed it, didn't notice because my arm hurt from pressing the button for half an hour straight, then had to turn around go back and get it and I ended up losing 3 places and finished 4th. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Then I gave up on a second attempt on that and did the Epsilon Program missions I had left over, which involved...

Walking around the desert for 5 miles, however I just thought it meant anything in the area, but it actually means the yellow area that appears on the map. I got to 3 miles and ended up going to the airfield you can buy just north of Sandy Shores. This does not count as desert and if you walk out of the area it resets your mile counter back to 0, so I had to do that all over again.

Walking around the desert for 5 miles, however I just thought it meant anything in the area, but it actually means the yellow area that appears on the map. I got to 3 miles and ended up going to the airfield you can buy just north of Sandy Shores. This does not count as desert and if you walk out of the area it resets your mile counter back to 0, so I had to do that all over again.

My advice on the Epsilon missions...

I hung a USB cable over the analog stick so that Michael would walk around in a circle then leant a Hulk Hogan action figure on the X buton so he'd run, left it for 15 minutes and it had taken car of itself.

I don't want to spoil the last Epsilon mission but because I followed the mission through I got a crap ending to it so when you get to the last Epsilon mission that starts with following a security car, you do not have to comply with what you're told to do... it's an open ended mission... keep that in mind!

Got halfway through, Then my ps3 decides to give me the YLOD!!! 

Stole my brothers ps3 as he only plays xbox now, does anybody know a way where i can get a save game to get me halfway or something?

PS3 hard disks are encrypted in a way that they will only work wit the original console it came from... unless you format the disk so putting it into another one isn't an option, neither is plugging it into a PC as it's encrypted. I know this from experience :(

Though I did do the YLOD fix which got the PS3 working just long enough for me to copy off my most important save files so if you have the means and feel confident enough to do it, it may be worth a try.

Got halfway through, Then my ps3 decides to give me the YLOD!!! 

Stole my brothers ps3 as he only plays xbox now, does anybody know a way where i can get a save game to get me halfway or something?

PS3 hard disks are encrypted in a way that they will only work wit the original console it came from... unless you format the disk so putting it into another one isn't an option, neither is plugging it into a PC as it's encrypted. I know this from experience :(

Though I did do the YLOD fix which got the PS3 working just long enough for me to copy off my most important save files so if you have the means and feel confident enough to do it, it may be worth a try.

Yeah i saw a few YLOD things but thought itd be easier to just try swapping hard disks but that didnt give me any save files. Which i know now why lol guess ill have to play fifa till i get bored enough of that to try gta v again. Or just wait for ps4 now save wasting my time lol cheers all

I hung a USB cable over the analog stick so that Michael would walk around in a circle then leant a Hulk Hogan action figure on the X buton so he'd run, left it for 15 minutes and it had taken car of itself.

I don't want to spoil the last Epsilon mission but because I followed the mission through I got a crap ending to it so when you get to the last Epsilon mission that starts with following a security car, you do not have to comply with what you're told to do... it's an open ended mission... keep that in mind!

Oh I already did the last mission, and did what you did but then replayed it, so no worries.

Oh I already did the last mission, and did what you did but then replayed it, so no worries.

Yeah, I replayed it but you don't get to keep the reward :(

Edited by villaajax

Â