Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't have much use for the more defensive strategies like 'Counter' and 'Contain'. I hardly ever select anything more Defensive than 'Standard' even when playing on the counter, because much like real life, soaking up pressure is just asking for one of your defenders to screw up.
I've found some use for counter when you're relegation candidate type teams, normally it'd be something I use if I'm a newly promoted team against one of the top 4, it gets varied results though. I've won some games 1-0, 3-1 etc. And then got absolutely hammered other times.

Personally I don't have much use for the more defensive strategies like 'Counter' and 'Contain'. I hardly ever select anything more Defensive than 'Standard' even when playing on the counter, because much like real life, soaking up pressure is just asking for one of your defenders to screw up.
I've found some use for counter when you're relegation candidate type teams, normally it'd be something I use if I'm a newly promoted team against one of the top 4, it gets varied results though. I've won some games 1-0, 3-1 etc. And then got absolutely hammered other times.
Now that you mention it, I only just remembered getting some good mileage out of the Defensive strategies when I took charge of a Sampdoria for a short time. So essentially they work sometimes when you're managing (or playing against) some real cloggers who simply can't attack.

'Ommered my resreves in my first game 6-0, so i praised the team and they're all angry!?!? Whats all that about???

I did a post about team talks a few pages back. They are a tricky thing in fm12. Most people i know just leave it to the assistant manager, but seeing as they can influence the players i do them myself.

'Ommered my resreves in my first game 6-0, so i praised the team and they're all angry!?!? Whats all that about???

I did a post about team talks a few pages back. They are a tricky thing in fm12. Most people i know just leave it to the assistant manager, but seeing as they can influence the players i do them myself.

*geek alert*

I actually printed off what you posted and followed it, yet every single player was angry!?

As Stevo says, i think they think im just a clearing in the woods! :D

ive found that because you are a no mark most of the players dont care or react negatively to your team talks until you actually do something, playing as barca for example all of the big names switched off but the youth were positive, so i just let the assistant do it, after xmas once id won a bit and got them playing well i started doing it and getting positive reactions

just dont ever click on the assistant if he says nothing needs addressing, they hate it

*geek alert*

I actually printed off what you posted and followed it, yet every single player was angry!?

As Stevo says, i think they think im just a clearing in the woods! :D

When i make a new manager i always set the past experience to "international footballer" The only time i had something like that was with Barcelona. It took one season and a trophy or two before they started reacting to my team talks.

This is my team talks from a champions league game.

http://i43.tinypic.com/6qwtok.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/mrwwnd.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/28guv42.jpg

Gabby is scoring for fun in my save, and Bent is banging them in.

N'Zog has got 12 assists so far in the league too and it's only just gone into December. Joaquin is storming about, got him for 3.2m and he's been immense. Ath. Madrid are now interested in him and his value has gone up to 4.5m. If they offer 7m+ I'd be inclined to sell.

I'm ten games into the 2014/2015 season, I'm 5th, on joint points with 4th and 3rd place. I lost to Man City, on penalties, in the League Cup Final last season, but I've just beaten them 3-1 at home in the last 16!

I'm in the group stages of the Europa League and I have £15m left to spend in the January window (I'm in need of a central midfielder, because mine are playing too many games in quick succession!)

My team is slowly turning into the under 21 French side. I have a CM, AMC, CB & ST that are all French gens with 4.5 stars potential.

Oh, also, I have Teves on a £100k p/w contract, with £100k appearance fee and £100k goal bonus :lol: :winkold:

.... Luckily for Me, he just got injured for 2 months. That'll save a few pennies!!

Lucky?

You're paying £100k p/w to someone who cannot kick a ball for you for 2 months.

:winkold:

I wasn't being completely serious. It's okay though, I've been taken over by some French billionaire, so I'm well within my wage budgets (somehow!!)

It's not lucky at all, because he played 4 games and scored about 7 goals, but at least my other strikers get a chance to score some goals now!

Yeah I'm Villa, I've been taken over by some French chap called Charles Villennueve... or something like that.

I got £29m to spend with a top half finish. I could have pushed it to 'Euro Cup qualification' and had £35m to spend, but I wimped out!

Fellow VTer 'paddywhack' got taken over by the fans and now he gets £1.50 per transfer window! :lol:

Currently playing this on my iphone, slightly dumbed down version but enjoying it none the less,

Just did a challange of save a club from relegation, i chose Villa, managed to stay up on the last day of the season, on goal difference (we live in hope eh?) Now i got the option to continue with this career so i'm in season 2012/13, and basically need to rebuild the Villa with a measly sum of £7mill.

I'm really only gonna try and rebuild the defence for now, so any recommendations for premier league level defenders?

i struggled through with a back line of Cuellar/Dunne/Collins/Warnock. seemed to create enough with a 4-2-3-1 formation but still leaked goals.

For a right back on the cheap look for Bandalovski. Left back you can usually pick up Kolorov from City for 3m as he is unhappy. For CB I put in Clark as he develops really well and will be your captain soon enough.

Â