Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

Started as Villa last night. Managed to flog Heskey for £1m to MON. Getting offers for Warnock after I whored him out to other clubs, but I want all the money up front and no-one is offering it.

How come Adrian Lamb and Glenn Roeder aren't contracted to us? I'm not sure if Roeder actually has a contract with us, but Lamb obviously does.

For some reason Adrian Lamb wasn't done, to be fair these things occasionally get missed, but when you consider the amount of changes that have to be made it is a minor error which actually helps you if you are taking over at Villa.

There was no evidence that Roeder had survived the McCleish arrival until well after the data was locked so that is why he is omitted.

Numan should be in there.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time in my life I am bored of this game, I play maybe one game a day and then leave it running in the back-ground. What has gone wrong with this game?

> too many clicks to get to certain menu's

> too many clicks when it comes to adding bonuses etc, if they reject, it reverts back to the original leaving you to start again

> days seem to drag

> the amount of times I had the make three subs and get another injury syndrome.

> team talks, a load of bollocks.

> Thick as **** things like having a player who wants to leave, so you offer him a free release and he goes **** mental and accuses you of forcing him out...

I just find it has become more like work than work itself.

The one thing stopping me playing the game at the moment...................Newgens.

Makes it all a bit of a waste of time, you can bring in whichever young prospects you want from around the World, pay a barrel load, pay very little, develop them, give them a few games, whatever. But, by the end of the first season, there WILL be several players with a World class PA who eclipse them, rendering the real (young) players obsolete almost immediately.

yeah i agree with that, im sure i said a few months back the regens made it far too easy, especially seeing as your competitors seem to buy average ones whilst you can pick up several of the best ones per season for £1-2m, thats what i did in my arsenal game

ive had to give up now because my work laptop couldnt hack it but im not really missing it

I've been toying with starting a game and hoovering up the top English kids but by the end of a season they'll all be topped by better prospects. Not sure that there is really a way around this, unless I suppose, kids entered the game at the age of 12 meaning that the newgens didn't affect relatively short term games. Because of child protection laws and the incredible difficulty nature in researching anything below U18s this is impossible.

to be fair i've been england manger in 2020 and its didnt seem that hard for all the english kids to be topped after a few years...

theres probably wilshere and robinson, after that you're struggling IMO, ive never seen the likes of kane or baxter do anything special

I find this game really hard. I've played it for a week or so but I've completely lost interest because I keep getting thumped.

I know I'm not much good, but I do feel this is aimed more at the hardcore players than the casual ones. I quite likes the games of old where you could quite quickly click through the game and be successful, seems this one wants you to tweek it's nips every virtual day.

I'm disappointed, don't think I'll buy FM again.

I find this game really hard. I've played it for a week or so but I've completely lost interest because I keep getting thumped.

I know I'm not much good, but I do feel this is aimed more at the hardcore players than the casual ones. I quite likes the games of old where you could quite quickly click through the game and be successful, seems this one wants you to tweek it's nips every virtual day.

If you find a decent formation, you can just click your way through a season without making changes. I pretty much stick with the same formation for home and away games and i hold up fine. I find no two seasons are the same. One season i will dominate the league. Then the next season while making few or no changes to the squad, ill have a shit season. I think it's the games way of stopping you winning everything every season no matter how good the team is.

I found trying to manage Villa too hard as all the teams in the Pl are good,so I tried managing a team in Norway but found that too hard as well cause you never have enough money to do what you want.I have now been managing a team in the Indian National League and I find that quite good.There are 14 teams in the division the top 4 are good the bottom 2 are not very good and the others are ok.In other words its not too hard to win games, and you win/draw more than you lose.I think you should start here and move your way up as you get better at the game.

Hope this helps :D

• 2 weeks later...

lol this game really is trash.

Started the season with my young striker telling me that he wanted the team to progess if he is to stay. (I'm Norwich, its 6 seasons in, I went to them when they were in championship and have already won FA Cup) so by Feb this season after promising we'd be a good team, progress, win things, I am 6 points ahead by Feb and in League cup final too... but I have broken my promise by not progressing, so he has asked for a transfer.

This game is THICK.

lol this game really is trash.

Started the season with my young striker telling me that he wanted the team to progess if he is to stay. (I'm Norwich, its 6 seasons in, I went to them when they were in championship and have already won FA Cup) so by Feb this season after promising we'd be a good team, progress, win things, I am 6 points ahead by Feb and in League cup final too... but I have broken my promise by not progressing, so he has asked for a transfer.

This game is THICK.

Not really,when you think of some of the things that happen in real football.

Take Robinho for example, he is playing for the richest club in the world,one that is virtually guarenteed to win trophies and what does he do ? he wants a transfer, and he says stuff like it"s too cold in England, he is from Brazil and needs to play in a warmer climate,Bollocks what about the Brazillians playing in Russia and all the others playing in colder climates ?

So if you think about it the game is not too far off real life, is it ?!

I thought this game was far too easy. If you just keep real simple formations and tactics you seem to win. If you try and be tactical and choose a style of play you just lose. Just go 4-4-2 with default settings and it's fairly simple.

Not sure if anyone wants this save but Villa have been taken over by a Tycoon in my save.. £42.5M to finish top half with a £1.5M p/w wage budget.

Europe is £55M with £1.6M p/w.. 2nd season btw they finished 8th in the first.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/94ol3d (You can "retire" me and put your own name there etc)

2012040200001.th.jpg

^ The image above shows the budgets.

I'm in my 3rd season with the villa, I finished 7th in the first season and 6th in the second and managed to lift the league cup

man utd and arsenal have both offered me the managers job there but I told them both to fook off

Not sure if anyone wants this save but Villa have been taken over by a Tycoon in my save.. £42.5M to finish top half with a £1.5M p/w wage budget.

Europe is £55M with £1.6M p/w.. 2nd season btw they finished 8th in the first.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/94ol3d (You can "retire" me and put your own name there etc)

2012040200001.th.jpg

^ The image above shows the budgets.

Thanks, I am downloading it now.

I'm in my 3rd season with the villa, I finished 7th in the first season and 6th in the second and managed to lift the league cup

man utd and arsenal have both offered me the managers job there but I told them both to fook off

I wish that was an option :D

"Would you like to ACCEPT, POLITELY REJECT or TELL THEM TO **** OFF?"

Â