Photography?

trimandson

Depends on what he wants to do. I just bout a 50mm prime lens. It is great for those out of focus background shots, i use it as my standard lens. it was around £180. I have also just bought a wide angle 10-24mm lens for £350 for Landscape photos. That is great as well. I have a 300mm zoom lens that does macro pretty good, I think that is about £150. The stock lens it comes with is OK.

Depends on what he wants to do. I just bout a 50mm prime lens. It is great for those out of focus background shots, i use it as my standard lens. it was around £180. I have also just bought a wide angle 10-24mm lens for £350 for Landscape photos. That is great as well. I have a 300mm zoom lens that does macro pretty good, I think that is about £150. The stock lens it comes with is OK.

Blimey mate, that's a few quid just to take flap shots ;-)

Blimey mate, that's a few quid just to take flap shots ;-)

Your not wrong!! LOL. Seriously I must have spent well over £1000 and that is for basic stuff. Photography is a very expensive hobby!

I don't like the rucksack, unless it's for travel.. you have to take it off to access it and because the stuff inside is precious you have to lay the bag down just to be careful. With a bag you can access any time in a few seconds. I've been tempted by the lowepro classified series, but haven't bought one yet cos it's a bit expensive. I find that whatever bag I have, it's always too small, so I might just get this one cos surely it can't be too small?

I've just ordered a completely waterproof bag that will even float if you drop it in the sea. Want to start combining my kayaking with taking photos, but didn't want to risk ruining my camera and other gear.

Rob, you've been doing a bit of photography of late...why not share it with the boys? I was certainly very impressed! :)

My private stash has to stay private ;-)

I've just ordered a completely waterproof bag that will even float if you drop it in the sea. Want to start combining my kayaking with taking photos, but didn't want to risk ruining my camera and other gear.

Wow, I wouldn't want to test that bag out!

Wow, I wouldn't want to test that bag out!

I'm going to test it with something inexpensive like a roll of kitchen roll first before I trust it with my gear!

I've been thinking about getting a digital SLR for a few months now and I may have the opportunity to get one soon. I've been using a Lumix F18Z for the last four years or so and I think I've exhausted all it's features now, I'm looking for something where I can improve the quality of photos by picking out greater detail in the focal depth/range.

Can anyone recommend a decent camera for around £250?

I've been thinking about getting a digital SLR for a few months now and I may have the opportunity to get one soon. I've been using a Lumix F18Z for the last four years or so and I think I've exhausted all it's features now, I'm looking for something where I can improve the quality of photos by picking out greater detail in the focal depth/range.

Can anyone recommend a decent camera for around £250?

probably worth reading page 129

meanwhile....

7790978248_4d27c153c9_z.jpg

didn't have time to wait for the sun to be in the right place and didn't have long to compose between groups of pensioners walking geologically slow

but a cheerful enough snap

aye, cheers. We were on a bit of a grand tour with the kids so poncing about composing photo's wasn't an option.

Got a cracking shot at the end of the pier of my one nipper in union flag sungasses, mouth covered in icecream, all reflected in an old school sugar pourer and teapot. Take enough photo's and one will always make it look like you knew what you were doing.

Here's some pics from a project I've been working for a while. It's for an exhibition. Haven't picked the format yet and I haven't decided what shots to use.. These are a few of the least freaky pics. Deadline is tomorrow :nod:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Take enough photo's and one will always make it look like you knew what you were doing.

That's the great thing about digital cameras, you're not limited to 24 or 36 exposures with a £5 bill for developing at the end! I'm now starting to take fewer pictures though, and get a few more decent ones than when I started.

Â