Photography?

trimandson

this is taken at Dorasan and it's the station between North and South Korea

700m away from the DMZ .. not as eerie as some of the photo's in that link but that whole no mans' land at the DMZ is so spooky in it's quietness ...the station kinda symbolises the whole area ..a sign reads " Not the last station in the South but the first station towards the North" ..who knows maybe it will open again sometime soon and reunify the two countries

Interestingly , the US soldiers we spoke to reckon there are a couple of Siberian tigers roaming around inside the DMZ

2dt3mac.jpg

as I don't like changing over lenses on digital SLRs.

SHouldnt be a problem with a new body, most new bodies have an auto sensor cleaner these days, my D300 one is great, never seen a speck of dust on it in 4 years

As for Sigma, it really does depend on the lens, some are good, some are awful, You ned to do your homework on them

You need a d300s to go with that mate... ;)

Was there last August had a couple of days there as part of my travels ... Flew on up to Ulaanbatar after Seoul

didn't get to visit Daejeon but if I go back to SK at all I'd like to explore it a bit more

Id say there isnt too much to see in Daejeon but its a great base as its on all major train and road routes as its right in the middle, no where is too far away. Let me know if you head back this way and I'll try and help you out

I dont know how to do a link so try this instead.

Type into Google "Oradour-sur-glane" without the quotes.

Its a town in France,during the war the resistance killed a high ranking german officer so the SS came over a couple of days later and wiped out the whole town.The germans lined all the men up in the town square and shot them.They locked all the women and children in the church and set the church on fire.The french have kept the town exactly as it was that day in 1943 as a memorial to the people in the town.These pictures are how the town looks today.I think it's very interesting,what do you think ?

Its a town in France,during the war the resistance killed a high ranking german officer so the SS came over a couple of days later and wiped out the whole town.The germans lined all the men up in the town square and shot them.They locked all the women and children in the church and set the church on fire.The french have kept the town exactly as it was that day in 1943 as a memorial to the people in the town.These pictures are how the town looks today.I think it's very interesting,what do you think ?

Been there..... its one of the most moving, eerie places I have ever been.

Been there..... its one of the most moving, eerie places I have ever been.

That place is the opening scene from The World at War.

It wasn't particularly to do with the assassination of a German officer, it was more that the 2nd SS Panzer Division ('Das Reich') had been trying to get from the south of France to the D-Day landing zone, and had been held up and harrassed (rather brilliantly) by resistance fighters all the way. They decided they had had enough, so they totalled Ouradour and all its occupants.

Check out Max Hastings' book 'Das Reich' for the full story.

It wasn't particularly to do with the assassination of a German officer, it was more that the 2nd SS Panzer Division ('Das Reich') had been trying to get from the south of France to the D-Day landing zone, and had been held up and harrassed (rather brilliantly) by resistance fighters all the way. They decided they had had enough, so they totalled Ouradour and all its occupants.

Thanks,I wil do that.The second world war really interests me. You seem to be quite clued up on the subject though ?!

Thanks,I wil do that.The second world war really interests me. You seem to be quite clued up on the subject though ?!

Very much a lifelong interest of mine.

Very much a lifelong interest of mine.

Mine to

Â