Photography?

trimandson

So I've nailed a 3 week slot at a City centre gallery, only to find the organisation with the mounted prints I planned to display have permanently hung them and won't release them for the exhibition. I'm now stuck trying to get funding to print and mount for this new exhibition. The life of an artist grr. It'll be wonderful if I pull it off though.

So I've nailed a 3 week slot at a City centre gallery, only to find the organisation with the mounted prints I planned to display have permanently hung them and won't release them for the exhibition. I'm now stuck trying to get funding to print and mount for this new exhibition. The life of an artist grr. It'll be wonderful if I pull it off though.

Good luck, great bit of exposure 8)

Thanks, I had a 3 month one in 2009 which was great and at the moment some of my work is in an exhibition at Bradford Uni!

Thanks, I had a 3 month one in 2009 which was great and at the moment some of my work is in an exhibition at Bradford Uni!

Really? Is that in Gallery II?

Really? Is that in Gallery II?

I believe so yes. It's a tryptych. I haven't been able to go and get a decent shot of it up though some friends took some of the preps:

179890_10150103182109737_663939736_6169461_4737926_n.jpg

Going to finally pick up my first DSLR this week as long as they have one in stock at Duty Free.

This is the one, I think. Going for a cheaper model because a super-duper one would be wasted on me to be honest.

That and I couldn't afford it.

John, if you can stretch a bit (another £70), I'd go for the next model up in the Sony range:

A390 rather than A290.

For the extra money you get Liveview, which means you can look at the screen to see what picture is going to be taken. That's a really handy facility in lots of situations.

Or you can get the entry level Nikon for about £100 more.

• 4 weeks later...

Just been up in the loft and discovered several boxes of old 35mm slides dating back to the 1960s.

Straight onto Amazon and ordered a slide scanner. Let archaeology commence.

Â