Photography?

trimandson

I'm thinking of upgrading to a decent telephoto lens, can anybody suggest a good one? Think I want at least a 300mm effort, as the 270mm I'm using as my standard "out and about" lens doesn't really cut the mustard for the sort of things I want now eg wildlife shots.

• 3 weeks later...

Slow shutter speed and closed aperture, you need low light or heavy neutral density filters to achieve the effect. That one's low light because of the streetlights in the background

Slow shutter speed and closed aperture, you need low light or heavy neutral density filters to achieve the effect. That one's low light because of the streetlights in the background

And ideally a tripod :)

Congrats!

:)

Ta Bickster. And congrats Killeen!

Programme last night showing the work of a Icelandic photographer, available on iplayer here for another six days, I think.

His photographs were pretty much on a spectrum from very good to astonishing. Well worth a look if you like landscape and portrait photography.

I'm looking at getting one of these for my wife (she has a photography business in it's early stages) and I wondered if anyone on here had had any experience of using one in the flesh as it were, or even recommend anything else of a similar standard that I could make some comparisons with.

They get pretty much unanimous positive reviews and I've seen lots of impressive samples of shots taken with them. Any help appreciated as it's quite an expensive investment to get wrong!

never used one, always thought the file sizes would be a bit of a bugger to process from 21 mp images

full frame also has advantages and disadvantages, depends on the photography shes doing really

I'm looking at getting one of these for my wife (she has a photography business in it's early stages) and I wondered if anyone on here had had any experience of using one in the flesh as it were, or even recommend anything else of a similar standard that I could make some comparisons with.

They get pretty much unanimous positive reviews and I've seen lots of impressive samples of shots taken with them. Any help appreciated as it's quite an expensive investment to get wrong!

My mate's got one Si, it's an absolutely awesome bit of kit (for a Canon! ;) ). She won't go far wrong with one of those.

Good luck to her for the business, what sort of things is she going to be doing?

Good luck to her for the business, what sort of things is she going to be doing?

Cheers Mart. She's actually been in business for about 8 months now, slowly gathering contacts (done a few weddings etc) but her real speciality is creative lifestyle and portrait photography. And I suppose being married to someone who can Art Direct doesn't hurt :D

Â