Pro cycling: General Chat

leviramsey

Cavendish must wish he hadn’t left Sky; OPQS seem to be pretty poor tbh at doing the train.

tbf, it's not like Sky had a really great leadout train either. We may not see a leadout like Columbia/HTC/Highroad again.

I don't know if the commentator has ever raced or even been involved with the club scene in the UK but he plainly doesn't know why Dan Martin chose to take out an Irish licence. Didn't he describe him as "Irish with West Midlands connections" or something like that. Don't know if he was borne in Tamworth (or was it  Brum) but certainly lived there before becoming pro and was in C.C. Giro, a Sutton based club (I think). Sounds like just sucking up to Kelly to me. His mother is Irish so quite entitled to race for either country but the reasons are quite complex.

Tremendous stage today and some brilliant riding by Cavnedish to make sure he was always in the mix. It's all nicely set up for Sunday's trip to Ventoux in the blazing heat.

Sky's team seems strangely weak this year. I would have thought Knees, Henao and Uran would have featured but maybe they are saving them for the Vuelta?

Tremendous stage today and some brilliant riding by Cavnedish to make sure he was always in the mix. It's all nicely set up for Sunday's trip to Ventoux in the blazing heat.

Sky's team seems strangely weak this year. I would have thought Knees, Henao and Uran would have featured but maybe they are saving them for the Vuelta?

Yeah i think they are in the Vuelta having already done the giro. I would have thought Eisel and Pate would have been better in the TDF than Lopez and Sioutsou. They have done nothing

I think Uran has been dumped because he’s supposedly signed form OPQS for next season.

TBH I am disappointed in Wiggins. He isn’t injured and he’s thrown his toys out of the pram. He would offered some support to Froome, but it seems they can’t stand the sight of each other. I ve heard that Wiggo will be at BMC next year...

I think Uran has been dumped because he’s supposedly signed form OPQS for next season.

TBH I am disappointed in Wiggins. He isn’t injured and he’s thrown his toys out of the pram. He would offered some support to Froome, but it seems they can’t stand the sight of each other. I ve heard that Wiggo will be at BMC next year...

I think Uran will ride the Vuelta. This years giro was brutal.

That was pure class by Sky. Kennaugh and Porte putting the hammer down on the mountain and then Froomey destroying Contador and Quintana in the last 10k.

Froome is way too good for these guys. 4 mins+ his lead!

Argos Shimano got their tactics spot on. They didn't panic and saved their push for the last 600-750m blowing everyone else out of the water.

No chance for Cav being in 5th place after the last corner. He just hasn't been in form in this year's tour but 5 wins in the Giro shows he's still got the pedigree.

• Like 1

Not entirely sure where this belongs but my ego dictates it should be here. 

Apologies to Limpid if this is in breach of the VT rules but its for a good cause. :P

I am doing the Ride London 100 sportive on 4th August in aid of United Response - a charity that supports adults with learning disabilities to live semi-independent lives. 

If anyone is able to or feels so inclined - please click the link and sponsor me. 

THANK YOU

Edited by Eames

• 8 months later...

Any of you cycling fans being watching The Spring Classics ? Been some great racing IMO - Paris Roubaix in particular.

Did anyone notice that Aussie Michael Rogers was found not guilty of doping after a lengthy investigation; seems it was contaminated meat after all . Surprised investigators didn't  know that farmers use Clenbuterol in cattle.

Â