Pro cycling: General Chat

leviramsey

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yep. The Froome dog looks to be hitting some good form at the right time. It's been a really excellent Dauphine. Tejay has ridden really well too.

Shocked with Tejay's form, looking better than I thought he would, still think there will be some hard stages at the TDF that he will go out the back door.

Not totally convinced on the sky team around Froome, been a little disappointed with Nico, I think he could do with G and dare I say Richie in the teamfor TDF.

Brailsford has intimated that Porte and g will be in the tour squad. He says that maybe 1 to 2 slots are not fully decided on. Henao could come in. Roche looked quite poor in the criterium, so could drop out, but DB seemed to big him up too. I wonder if they'll take viviani, or just select a squad entirely for froome?

• 1 month later...

Don't know if anyone is following Le Tour this year but amongst all the gloom of that moron Delph and Warwickshire losing to Lancashire an Englishman, Steve Cummings, won todays stage ! Although he is a scouser ! 

Edited by veloman
  • Like 1

Cannot understand why so many are anti Froome; he is not tainted with drug abuse as far as I know anyway.

Noelvilla is dead right tomorrow will be excting ...... but not as exciting as the 10 mile time trial I am riding near Coventry .... as I fight to avoid finishing last !! 

• Like 3

Its because the french media suggested his performance was "out of this world" a reference to Lances on another planet. Maybe sky could be more transparent, but they currently have not even a slight suggestion from former staff or riders that sky are dodgy.

I love TT-ing, i did a ten mile last night was a course pb but not an overall despite being biggest avg watts ive put down this year.

Not power-tap my experience with that wasnt great so I sold and originally got one of these for my TT bike: http://www.power2max.de/europe/en/and since got another one (with crankset) for my road bike. I dont particularly train with power per se, more look for improvements over a period of time really to get an idea of what sort of average power I can aim for over say a Ironman bike leg. I highly recommend training peaks even if not training with power, provides some interesting data: http://tpks.ws/6Kba (my TT from last night) - I also get to see peak speed/power/HR etc over a set periods of time 1sec, 5 secs, 20 secs etc

I am a member of a local club in Basingstoke (NHRC) but really choose specific time trial (with whichever club) due to what I want to do on a specific day as I kind of have to choose between swimming in a lake or time trialling with my club on a thursday night (last night I did both).

Blimey - they are decent figures ! Noticed your cadence is spot-on too. Good time , 'cos it doesn't look a flat course. Our club has Thursday night 10's too but there are road works on the A50 so just did a turbo.

Aren't they "P" courses down there ?

Still got beat by 2 mins by the winner :-)  Cadence dropped a bit after the turned round, I really find it hard to keep the power if Im not on top of the gear.

Yeah my PB is on P881 near petersfield (22:44 at 12 watts less so have high hopes for faster) and I have done P881R too, some little inclines on both, but as its on a dual carriage way, it is pretty fast. Dr Hutch has the course record on both.

To be honest, I'm extremely pessimistic about doping, in cycling and athletics especially, but also in tennis and football as well. There are some significant questions about Froome's performances, but more especially about general developments in the peloton over the last year or so . . . like how did Astana still get a licence for this season? Why does it seem like nearly everyone in the peloton suffers from asthma? Why is Geraint Thomas, at the age of 29 and never having been known as a climber before, marking moves by Contador and Nibali on an hors categoires ascent? And so on. 

• Like 1

Â