Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garry Cook doesn't like Aston Villa signing any of their players it would seem as we've had this dragging on with Dunne & Ireland previously

Isnt Cook a bluenose??

Yes he is and a grade A wrist shuffler by all accounts.

The delay over Ireland and Dunne though was because both wanted payoffs from City as with he didn't want to pay them, nothing to do with it being Villa. If there has been or is a delay on the Given deal it will likely be caused by the same thing.

is it just me being pessimistic that we have agreed a fee after agreein to sell downing thinking we need to sell to buy?

Yes.

No.

As proven by the Bent deal being funded by the Milner sale, or as we're now to believe the Ashley Young deal too!

is it just me being pessimistic that we have agreed a fee after agreein to sell downing thinking we need to sell to buy?

Yes.

No.

As proven by the Bent deal being funded by the Milner sale, or as we're now to believe the Ashley Young deal too!

Cant tell if you're joking or not. Where was that proven??

Garry Cook doesn't like Aston Villa signing any of their players it would seem as we've had this dragging on with Dunne & Ireland previously

Isnt Cook a bluenose??

Yes he is and a grade A wrist shuffler by all accounts.

The delay over Ireland and Dunne though was because both wanted payoffs from City as with he didn't want to pay them, nothing to do with it being Villa. If there has been or is a delay on the Given deal it will likely be caused by the same thing.

Spot on Trent and yes he is a Bluenose!

Given would not have been my choice as keeper. He's a good keeper when he's fit but there in lies the problem. Checking his wiki stats since 2005/6 he has only played one full season (2009/2010). The rest of the time he's managed approx half a season on average. Our second choice keeper isn't good enough as back up if Shay once again can only manage half a season.

Fingers crossed that he stays fit. :|

Given would not have been my choice as keeper. He's a good keeper when he's fit but there in lies the problem. Checking his wiki stats since 2005/6 he has only played one full season (2009/2010). The rest of the time he's managed approx half a season on average. Our second choice keeper isn't good enough as back up if Shay once again can only manage half a season.

He played a full season in 2008/09 as well, half for newcastle and half for city. In fact since the turn of the century he's only had two league seasons cut short due to injury 06/07 and 07/08.

He played a full season in 2008/09 as well, half for newcastle and half for city. In fact since the turn of the century he's only had two league seasons cut short due to injury 06/07 and 07/08.

and 2009/2010 with a dislocated shoulder towards the back end of the season.

I also seem to remember that on a couple of occasions when I went to St. James he was injured and Harper played a blinder against us. :D