Gym Routine

olboydave

I wish I could bottle the way I felt today. Ran twice as long as I intended to, because it was so easy and could've gone longer. Then lifted everything I tried with ease. It's a while since that's happened.

was about to post I hit all new max weights today .....must be something in the water 

• Like 2

Ran 5 miles getting faster with each mile and ended up at 6.45 / mile in the final one where I felt I could go on at that speed all day.

There was definitely something about today.

• Like 1

Pulled the hell out of my right hamstring!! :( Won't be running the gate river run now. I know exactly how to take care of it but it's not pleasant. Squat Curl Press into box step ups can kiss it!

Seeing that my cheap gym just closed down and I don't have money to sign a memebership at an expensive one I'm gonna do Calisthenics at on outdoor gym until some money comes around. Going to be intresting!

Agree with both of those. Would add Eric Cressey into the mix as well - if I recall correctly there's a pretty good free dead lift tutorial when you sign up to his email newsletter. Sorry to overload you with names but Jim Smith at Diesel SC has pretty thorough "how-tos" and progressions on all the major lifts on his website.

Edited by JB

Had an awful week at the gym last week.

First session was fine. Second session I felt like shit and the gym was busier than I'd ever seen it and I just couldn't be arsed. Did 20 minutes on the bike and sacked it off.

3rd session was ok but I had a splitting headache during it. Still completed it but it was agony. Top sets made my head feel like it was going to explode.

But then I ended up going out and getting smashed that night, meaning I was too hungover on Sunday to do my 4th session.

So I missed Deadlifts AND squats last week. 

Need a big week to make up for it now!

My back gave up on me on Saturday during squats. Something sort in my side, below the rib cage.

Meant i couldn't even attempt my top set. Frustrating!

On the plus side, Deadlifts went well last week. slightly down on the previous lift but I'd missed 2 weeks so I'm ok with that.

• Like 1

After nine painful and frustrating months following a non-training related injury, I've finally had the all clear from the physio to start squatting and dead lifting again :).

To say I'm excited is an understatement!

First lower body session tonight. I'm pretty much having to teach myself the movements again - grooving the hip hinge etc. Started with lots of hip mobility and glute activation work before some light goblet squats, dumbbell SLDLs and hip thrusts, finishing off with some light prowler pushes. Feels good at the moment (touch wood).

It's going to be a long, long road back to my previous weights but I'm optimistically aiming for a 215kg deadlift and 180kg front squat by August :).

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

I'm not a fan, merely because I don't feel like they fill me up and are quite a lot of calories.

But a friend of mine swears by them. he's the kind of guy that never eats breakfast, so for him a protein bar on his way to work is perfect really.

Myprotein.com is where he gets his.

They're not as good as real food but are better than no food assuming they fit your macros. Just make sure there is more protein than fat and carbs put together and its less than 5% sugar otherwise you might as well eat chocolate bars.

Â