Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 & Battlefield 3

carlitobrigante

My word...this thread has turned into a proper fanboy fest aint it?!?!

Was hoping to get some feedback on the actual game, ya know, Battlefield 3? Any good?? So far all i can see is COD related bitching which leads me to think that maybe people arent as impressed with this as they had hoped??

The only qualms I have over the game are the server issues, the fact the it is near impossible for me and my mates to enter a game as a squad (which for a game that boasts teamplay is laughable) and the folks who are just running about doing their own thing and not helping out the team. The ones who don't revive, or put down medical kits/ammo, or use spawn beacons. The ones who run head first into a enemy instead of spotting and tactically trying to get the objective.

But that final issue will be resolved when COD comes out. Not a bash on COD, I'll probably get it myself at some point, but the COD players who are using this as a filler until it's release don't seem to realise that it is a completely different game.

My word...this thread has turned into a proper fanboy fest aint it?!?!

Was hoping to get some feedback on the actual game, ya know, Battlefield 3? Any good?? So far all i can see is COD related bitching which leads me to think that maybe people arent as impressed with this as they had hoped??

I only commented that the COD players that try and play the game like COD are a problem. I'm not a fanboy and will buy COD at some point like I do every year!

Dante - The servers problem is being solved. You will soon be able to jump into/out of games with your party, as I've said before - the games JUST came out, DICE have some ironing to do.

Stu - I dont think this has turned to a fan boy bashing thread, I just think (the same as others) that it is easy to know who is predominately a COD player over those who have played BF before. That's nothing to moan about though, I myself have only been playing since bad company - It just takes getting used to! :)

The game itself is more fun, the more you play. You get to know the maps which helps because then you can make a concious decision on how you are going to move to an objective. For the first couple of months the community will always launch themselves into areas where the action is, but if you learn where to flank, you can get some really great kills.

It also helps if you don't stick to one type of kit. Change it around abit depending on the situation of your current team. Tanks blowing the shit out of your squad of snipers/assault? Jumping into Support class and use the RPG's/ Anti Tank mines - you will rack up points and unlock things MUCH quicker this way.

Also, points win prizes on this game, you may have noticed that just because you have the best Kill/Death ratio in the game, you dont always come out on top. - Throw medic packs, ammo, spawn beacons, revive people, repair tanks and you will get hundreds/thousands of points in a single game doing this - you dont even have to shoot a bullet to be the best!

GO FOR THE OBJECTIVE!!! - I think this is why, sometimes, its obvious who is a COD player. If you are playing conquest - go for the objective - you don't have to sprint right up to the flag, you'll probably die! Look around you, check your 6, if you can get help from some of your squad, you will do better. Its a team game! capturing objectives are much faster with more than just you sat next to Bravo flag! :)

You will also get LOADS of points doing this - already been said, but points get you unlocks and new kit - which makes everything easier!

Finally, I'm on PS3, I usually play CQ, but if anyone wants a game with me, add me, lapafan is the name, BF3 is the game! :D

Just got it on Pc this afternoon, and it's the most fun game I've played in ages.

Not that good for my ego though. There's all sorts of stats on the battlelog page. There's one that is simply called "skill". I'm not sure how it's calculated, but I'm pretty sure that it's not a good thing when it's a negative... :(

Although i'm not having trouble finding servers, games are just lagging all the time.

Tactical flashlight. Pointless. Get rid of it.

Other than that, good game, having more success attacking than defending.

Just don't use the flashlight if you don't life it. Personally I always use a pistol with it.

Although i'm not having trouble finding servers, games are just lagging all the time.

Just don't use the flashlight if you don't life it. Personally I always use a pistol with it.

:?

It's more than idiots that do use it, all it does is blind you, cheap way of getting a kill.

It's more than idiots that do use it, all it does is blind you, cheap way of getting a kill.

That's the idea of it.. :lol:

It's ****' annoying when you get some plum on caspian border in broad daylight aiming one of them at you, as you're as good as dead because you can't see anything, think it's really cheap.

It's ****' annoying when you get some plum on caspian border in broad daylight aiming one of them at you, as you're as good as dead because you can't see anything, think it's really cheap.

There is cheapness in all shooters. SOS in Gears, certain set-ups in COD etc...

There is cheapness in all shooters. SOS in Gears, certain set-ups in COD etc...

You are right though, part of its puposes is to blind, i thought it was just to see if the dark :oops:

SORRY :)

Just been reading this is EA's biggest selling game with over 5m units sold surpassing 4.7 for MW2.

Wise decision to release ahead of MW3 me thinks.

Â