What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

I think that's the Psychedelic Furs album I have. It's not played much. Going to have a day of playing rarely played stuff soon. Just need to encourage the other three house occupants to go out for the day. 

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Early on, whilst still living with my parents and brother, I had a few things by The Psychedelic Furs.

Then I didn’t. Gone.

Nobody ever admitted taking them, or hiding them, or getting fed up and binning them. Just gone. I do suspect that eventually one day they will turn up in someone else’s attic box of Kiss, Scorpion, or Queen.

They were never my favourite band, they were always a second best to the likes of the Bunnymen, Teardrop Explodes and the Cure, even the Au Pairs and the Specials and lots more besides but despite all that I bought the first four albums (and also have a copy of the fifth - Freebie). I'm always a little shocked that I have 5 of their albums and probably still listen to four of them. I've even been to see them quite recently (again a freebie)

I still don't class them as one of my favourite bands but they are always there, it's just a little odd

15 hours ago, blandy said:

Mine is None of them. These are the run out markings

• Side A: SP 70604 A - 1J - 1 - 1
  • Side B: SP 70604 B - 1J - 1 - 2

and no other markings!

I'd add that one myself.

I've had to add loads to Discogs, mostly test pressings or acetates. Oh and label variations. Got a few to do but putting it off :)

13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I'd add that one myself.

I've had to add loads to Discogs, mostly test pressings or acetates. Oh and label variations. Got a few to do but putting it off :)

Dunno how to, Rob. Not sure I want to know how.

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

Dunno how to, Rob. Not sure I want to know how.

It's easy enough but a bit long-winded.

Especially if it's a double or triple LP

6 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The app seems to crash and I don’t know how to work it properly, and the website seems to be missing features that must be there somewhere. Basically, like you say, if it’s too longwinded I just couldn’t be bothered. It’s not like I’m selling the albums I own.

1 minute ago, blandy said:

The app seems to crash and I don’t know how to work it properly, and the website seems to be missing features that must be there somewhere. Basically, like you say, if it’s too longwinded I just couldn’t be bothered. It’s not like I’m selling the albums I own.

I'm not selling either but it's a great place to list your stuff.

Then, family members can check that list to make sure they don't get me something I already have ;)

Example:

spacer.png

47 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Adding a new copy of that will be easy as its pretty faithful to the master, its just the matrices, photo's and editing the notes, Its the absolute bunfight that would kick off over adding a new version of something like that

Absolutely guarantee that the divide would be that it should be added to Variant 2 (as the matrices are pretty similar - both EMI pressings) and then others will say it shouldn't. and on and on and on....

• Like 1

Although I am by no means a pressings nerd, I did keep back all my early REM (albums, 7" and 12" singles, EPs, etc.) when I flogged off 90% of my vinyl collection. But to my slight dismay, I realised I inadvertently left 'Reckoning' in the 'sell' pile, so it's missing.  :(

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Although I am by no means a pressings nerd, I did keep back all my early REM (albums, 7" and 12" singles, EPs, etc.) when I flogged off 90% of my vinyl collection. But to my slight dismay, I realised I inadvertently left 'Reckoning' in the 'sell' pile, so it's missing.  :(

If it was Murmur, I'd have gladly sent you a copy (or Fables for that matter) as I have 2 of each due to being given a bit of vinyl at one point by a mate who was emigrating.

42 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I'm not selling either but it's a great place to list your stuff.

Thanks.

With the help of @bicksterI can do that listing stuff, using my phone (when the app works).

TBH in terms of listing, I think 99% of my music is also on my computer, so if I need to list it I could just export the list from the Music application. Not all of it will be physical, but most of it is on CDs and some Vinyl. Like I said, I can't really be arsed with a user unfriendly Discogs gubbins.  I mean I could be wasting time on VT instead!

• Haha 2

Sigur Ros' Með Suð Í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust  

It was fair to middling for me.  Some songs better then others. 

Probably not understanding the lyrics didn't help and I did find the high pitch of the singer a little grating at times. 

Would I buy it over a Dua Lipa album? 100%

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Sigur Ros' Með Suð Í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust  

It was fair to middling for me.  Some songs better then others. 

I think Takk was the last really good album they did. Since then I bought a couple of other ones, but when they went down to a 3 piece they lost something.

Also that Philharmonic gig @bickster and I went to (and also the one in Belgium) they had Aminina playing alongside them, whereas when I saw them in Blackpool they didn't have Aminina and it was nowhere near as good.

Jonsi's latest album ( I posted the other day in the "which Album" thread) Obsidian, is kind of going back to their early stuff and is pretty decent. It's a Bandcamp download.

• Like 1

Wasn’t sure if this should actually be in the art thread, the wonder that is the pop up SFA album Guerilla

spacer.png

that includes the ‘hidden’ track Citizens Band, which plays backwards

put the arm at the ‘end’ of the record and let it work it’s way outward

spacer.png 

• Like 3

Â