What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

My latest obsession. Papernut Cambridge

Here's the Album. There's lNo Underground. It’s a bit of a pain in the arse because as much as it’s an album, it’s also three 7” EPs. Turning it over after two songs can get a little wearisome I think. Anyway this reissue is a Ltd Edition of 50. A whole bunch of their stuff has been rereleased, I've bought a bunch of it and want a bit more. As a style guide think Go-Kart Mozart / Estate but a little less out there in Lawrenceland.

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, theboyangel said:

A combination of the following:

image.jpeg.5fde046f45661220371a4519d291b301.jpeg
Allah-Lahs - Zuma 85

image.jpeg.be85ed67f26f20d3dccb5dc73fc4db22.jpeg
A.Savage - Several Songs About Fire

image.jpeg.3ff618e02c4dcebfba4a194a2d91219d.jpeg
Goat - Medicine

image.jpeg.2d539ea72f5d68a6d8ca46269ecb4506.jpeg
Timber Timbre - Lovage 

All a little different to one another but all a good listen! 

Already got the Andrew Savage album, the others are definitely on the list for the weekend if I can earn enough (and some more papernut cambridge :D )

The Andrew Savage Album will highly likely be on the end of year list, I think it's brilliant.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Already got the Andrew Savage album, the others are definitely on the list for the weekend if I can earn enough (and some more papernut cambridge :D )

The Andrew Savage Album will highly likely be on the end of year list, I think it's brilliant.

Yep, it’s a corker for sure. 

fingers crossed for the funds! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bickster said:

My latest obsession. Papernut Cambridge

Here's the Album. There's lNo Underground. It’s a bit of a pain in the arse because as much as it’s an album, it’s also three 7” EPs. Turning it over after two songs can get a little wearisome I think. Anyway this reissue is a Ltd Edition of 50. A whole bunch of their stuff has been rereleased, I've bought a bunch of it and want a bit more. As a style guide think Go-Kart Mozart / Estate but a little less out there in Lawrenceland.

image.jpeg

I think 2 friends who I have lost touch with, Jack and Darren are in this band. It may however be one of those rolling lineups that change on each record. Robert Rotifer is the constant, I think. 

49 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think 2 friends who I have lost touch with, Jack and Darren are in this band. It may however be one of those rolling lineups that change on each record. Robert Rotifer is the constant, I think. 

There is a Rotifer connection but he isn’t in this band, one of the band members plays with him and there’s also a Swansea Sound / Catenary Wires / Sgt Buzzfuzz connection amongst others inc Go-Kart Mozart

Chris Potter, Marco Magnani and Ian Button are the constants here

• Like 1

On 13/10/2023 at 21:54, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

Hooveriii

Haven’t played the flexi single but the album is a lovely thing, warm mellow psych rock would probably be about the right pigeon hole.

I listened to just enough of a snippet to know I’d be interested and 6 tracks in it’s a good choice, apparently this is less guitar rock than previous stuff, so on that snippet I might not rush to get the earlier albums, this’ll do fine, this’ll stay close to the turntable for a while. 

When I saw the cover I thought it would be how you described. Again looks good. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

When I saw the cover I thought it would be how you described. Again looks good. 

It’s actually on again right now, had a good few plays the last few days.

Goes well with a bloke on his own and made his own tea (Lidl basmati rice, turkey chunks, quickie homemade curry) sat reading internet bobbins considering what to do with the 90 minutes before his missus comes home…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

It is. I think you might quite like OSees/ Oh Sees/ The Oh Sees/ Thee Oh Sees/… John Dwyer 

Couldn’t find the song so played first couple tracks on album. Not keen on his voice bit punky but I like the instrumental side to them. Could listen to some drawn out jams noodling and what have ya 

6 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Couldn’t find the song so played first couple tracks on album. Not keen on his voice bit punky but I like the instrumental side to them. Could listen to some drawn out jams noodling and what have ya 

That’s the thing, they go all over the place from prog through Psyche to hard core US Punk.  Try the album Smote Reverser especially the track Anthemic Aggressor (takes up a whole side of th3 album, 12 mins + )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

That’s the thing, they go all over the place from prog through Psyche to hard core US Punk.  Try the album Smote Reverser especially the track Anthemic Aggressor (takes up a whole side of th3 album, 12 mins + )

I found this last night that’s my type of thing 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Â