What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

17 hours ago, bickster said:

Big Jim Sullivan

Reveal hidden contents

There's another one 'Sitar Beat', which for me is slightly the better of the two.
This one was a single.

• Like 1

Another one from the Rough Trade sale

Now reformed, legendary post-punk funksters The Pop Group's album  Honey Moon On Mars, currently their latest album proper from 2016

Also features amongst others Denise Sherwood on backing vocals and the legendary Dub Producer Dennis Bovell produces 7 of the 10 tracks

I now realise why Rough Trade were selling it so cheap (£7.50) a pair of jokers who appear to go by the names Mark Stewart and Gareth Sager appear to have written their names on the front of the album in marker pen, bastards

R-9294006-1478256271-8128.jpeg.jpg

The CDs continue, I went for Surrealistic Pillow and After Bathing at Baxters by Jefferson Airplane next and now I've moved on to...

Charlotte Gainsbourg - 5:55

This album's lyrics were either written or co-written by Jarvis Cocker and the music was written by Air, where there's strings they were arranged by David Richard Cambell (Who? Beck's Dad, that's who!), also features Tony Allen and Neil Hannon. It's quite the coloboration.

R-784779-1170002451.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

They were under appreciated at the time and I guess they still are

R-191411-1270424237.jpeg.jpg

Another on the list of stuff I had that has somehow at some point gone missing and will hopefully turn up one day in someone else’s box of schizz.

And yesterday I added Laurie Anderson ‘Big Science’ to the list of the missing.

It’s becoming enough to possibly be a misplaced box somewhere so I might get off my arse at some point and do a proper attic and garage search.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Another on the list of stuff I had that has somehow at some point gone missing and will hopefully turn up one day in someone else’s box of schizz.

And yesterday I added Laurie Anderson ‘Big Science’ to the list of the missing.

It’s becoming enough to possibly be a misplaced box somewhere so I might get off my arse at some point and do a proper attic and garage search.

If a 12" of Blue Monday by New Order turns up give me a shout. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was watching a lot of stuff about Laurel Canyon over Christmas so unusually for me, I've now stuck the band you grow out of by 25 on (because this was written when Morrison was living in Laurel Canyon)

The Doors - Strange Days

R-13839806-1562308277-4267.jpeg.jpg

• Like 3

Â