What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

black Sabbath, master of reality. nothing like it back then and nothing like it now,

Curiously I have been giving this some airtime recently.

I remember buying it at HMV New Street for a couple of quid in the seventies!

black Sabbath, master of reality. nothing like it back then and nothing like it now,

Curiously I have been giving this some airtime recently.

I remember buying it at HMV New Street for a couple of quid in the seventies!

I salute you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTVGKNw7w40

Interested in what others think of this album...

Placebo were my one of my favourite bands growing up.  First 3 albums are superb but everything after that I never really got into.  More to do with not giving them a proper chance to be fair.

You rate the new album then? 

• Like 1

The Placebo lead singer has been on the 1 'til 2 slot on BBC 6 this lunchtime.

Always interesting, they get somebody in to play tunes they like, so you get to hear their faves and influences and the like. Have to say that his stuff was ok, perfectly listenable, but all quite similar. No diverity in his one hour slot. Now that might be that he wanted to build a theme, a coherent 'thing', or it might be he needs to get out more. But like I say, perfectly ok.

The only one that's done the hour that was truly bad was Gary Numan. I wasn't exactly a big fan before his hour, but he was truly horrific (the last 20 minutes may have been radio orgasm, but I just had to change stations). His favourite words by a country mile were:

I

Me

My

Gary Numan

He played his own music (surely that's poor form?), and when he played somebody else's it would inevitably be followed up with 'I helped produced their album' or 'they are currently on tour with me'.

• Like 1

Placebo were my one of my favourite bands growing up.  First 3 albums are superb but everything after that I never really got into.  More to do with not giving them a proper chance to be fair.

I used to be massively in to Placebo. The last two albums put me off however this one has some good tracks in my opinion, but it's still 40/60 in favour of very generic songs.

But I was pleased to enjoy some of their music again. ('Hold on to me' and 'Bosco' are my favourites on this album)

I used to be massively in to Placebo. The last two albums put me off however this one has some good tracks in my opinion, but it's still 40/60 in favour of very generic songs.

But I was pleased to enjoy some of their music again. ('Hold on to me' and 'Bosco' are my favourites on this album)

You're a Placebo fan?

I refuse to believe you're not a white guy. It's all an elaborate hoax.

• Like 1

Â