• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he was shown on SSN just before apparently. :(

I hope he gets lost on the way out and ends up in Lozells and gets jacked by a crack head

I think thats our only hope now :lol:

I think he will do a good job, yes. But I always like to live my life looking at things optimistically and giving people a chance, rather that willing them to **** it up just so I can say "told you so".

Good for you! If only we could live in your world

To be fair I think RL was looking through your rose-tinted specs when he surveyed AM's appalling CV.

Back here on planet earth I would like nothing better than see Villa doing well under McLeish but I don't think that will happen. Very happy if he proves me wrong - I'll be the first on here to apologise. But don't hold your breath

Look forward to next season - "The Battle for 10th"

I think he will do a good job, yes. But I always like to live my life looking at things optimistically and giving people a chance, rather that willing them to **** it up just so I can say "told you so".

Good for you! If only we could live in your world

To be fair I think RL was looking through your rose-tinted specs when he surveyed AM's appalling CV.

Back here on planet earth I would like nothing better than see Villa doing well under McLeish but I don't think that will happen. Very happy if he proves me wrong - I'll be the first on here to apologise. But don't hold your breath

Look forward to next season - "The Battle for 10th"

I think he lied on his CV. Is there anyway we can stop him on a technicality.

I dont know maybe he didnt really get O-Level Maths or something like that?

No he was NOT... I'm sat glued to SSN.

The only thing that's happening o/s BMH is Rob their reporter.. a new

Wally with the Brolly..spouting off about how it's all a huge gamble by the club.

I swear if I didn't know better Randy is taking the pee, because they are planting flowers round the guy. Right where the Villa fans daubed graffiti

He's been there ALL day so I'm told. Hope someone was kind enough to make him a cuppa!

I'm with diehard villain... something's a foot or Randy Lerner has had a seizure since Martinez turned down talks...

I hope he gets lost on the way out and ends up in Lozells and gets jacked by a crack head

I think thats our only hope now :lol:

He hasn't been anywhere near Villa Park in the past week.

SSN constantly use archive footage

I'm with diehard villain... something's a foot or Randy Lerner has had a seizure since Martinez turned down talks...
You know what, I think you might be onto something there.

Randy: Get me Alex McLeish

Faulkner: But he's a terrible manager sir

Randy: I SAID GET ME MCLEISH

burns.jpg

:P

Wally with the Brolly..spouting off about how it's all a huge gamble by the club.

I swear if I didn't know better Randy is taking the pee, because they are planting flowers round the guy. Right where the Villa fans daubed graffiti

He's been there ALL day so I'm told. Hope someone was kind enough to make him a cuppa!

Cheers for clearing that up.

I am hoping that Lerner has had a change of heart and is going to turn McLeish down. I'm afraid that it is probably too late for that though.

Your sarcastic tone doesn't make you look clever or validate your point any further.

On McLeish we shall see. His CV is not appalling. His relegations have been balenced by his success also. He is not my top choice or even in my top 5 but to say his CV is "appalling" is just incorrect.

I reckon sha are f**king Randy around over the compensation (not that there should be any!!!!)

I really hope they continue and have a case to answer, meaning AM could be in the managerial wilderness for months and months, forcing us to look elsewhere

(I know, another clutching at straws post!!!!)

Looks like this is it then.

I suppose I have little choice now other than to give McLeish my backing. But the board have truly spat in the face of every Villa fan with this ridiculous saga. Looking at the 3 main candidates we know of, Eck, Martinez and McClown, its pretty obvious Randy set out to find a "yes" man. All 3 of them would be punching well above their weight at Villa and happy to receive whatever meagre funds are to be dished out by the owner to rebuild our ever depleting squad. Houllier was a "yes" man too. Randy was obviously so outraged by O'Neill having the balls to stand up for himself that he decided that all future managers need to tow the line.

I can't ever remember being this disillusioned with Villa. Was so looking forward to putting last season behind us and genuinely believed that Randy would learn from the Houllier mistake and get in a top class manager and send us forward. The goalposts have obviously changed. The 5 year plan failed and its back to settling for mid-table mediocrity. Happy days.

Your sarcastic tone doesn't make you look clever or validate your point any further.

On McLeish we shall see. His CV is not appalling. His relegations have been balenced by his success also. He is not my top choice or even in my top 5 but to say his CV is "appalling" is just incorrect.

I agree his CV is not appalling, however his premier league record is....

Yes, he did well with Rangers (bit like taking over ManUre or Chelsea but in Scotland) and cut his teeth well with Hibs (after their initial relegation)

But going on the Board's criteria of 'Premier League' experience then he should fail dismally.... Awful brand of football (admittedly with a poor squad) and a gift of a cup victory!

I think we're all clinging onto the hope that with our players, he'll set them out to play a more expansive game (than his usual 8-1-1 formation) but I don't think he knows any other way!

That Rob is starting to irritate me now...My source tell me!! SHUT UP! They tell me that all it needs now is a signature. erm, hasn't McLeish left the country again! Im confused.

I'm going with the seizure. He seems to have lost the plot in this whole debacle ...What a fiasco! I'm beginning to agree with Moxley; and I almost bit my tongue off when I said that.

The only way Randy can save himself is to come out and say that the McLeish deal is off due to fan unrest.

If he dosnt, the relationship with the board will never be the same again.

That would be worse.

It would mean he is not strong willed to follow through on his convictions. What manager would join us knowing that the Chairman was the fans' puppet? They would never be secure in their job. We would also be a joke IN the game.

As he has now approached McLeish he HAS to see it through.

Apologies for the sarcasm (genuinely) - for some reason I'm not myself today!!!

He is not in my top 20 of possible managers let alone top 5.

I wanted Poyet personally - he might have been a gamble but one I would have backed!!

I hope McL is succesful I really do - 7th place and looking up is the bare minimum for me otherwise the last five years have been in vain