• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care that he's managed Blues. Nobody will hold that against Craig Gordon if we sign him....I just care that this is a decidedly mediocre manager if not worse, who will not inspire top players to want to sign for Villa, and will lead the good players we have to want out.

This is a calamity of the highest order ALREADY. And he hasn't got the job yet.The board need to wrap their heads around this quick, and ditch their ignorant "Premiership Experience Only" stance.

Rijkaard, Van Gaal, Ranieri, Klinsmann, etc. are all available and would like to manage an English club.

If these men have been approached but declined due to lack of resources, then the club need to come clean with supporters about how much money we have to spend, and if selling off all our best players was really part of "Year 6" that they envisioned.

Surely they wouln't appoint AM now, surely? surely!?

I wouldn't hold your breath. The board have already proven that NOTHING the fans say or do will change their opinions on what is best for AVFC and it would seem their minds are made up!!

Not looking good....This is a PR disaster!!!

What if KMac or GMac is the only other option? Should we go with one of them instead?
Yes. However, there are other options. Plenty of them. Mark Hughes is probably the best one that we could easily get.

What if KMac or GMac is the only other option? Should we go with one of them instead?

They aren't the only options.

We don't know either way, but you're digressing. I'm genuinely wondering what people think. AM or promotion from within? Not being a wise ass, just curious.

I'd prefer Keven MacDonald myself. Attacking football and a focus on youth. He could grow into the job as full club manager.

I have no issue with fans protesting. This is the only time fans will have to affect the outcome of the manager decision, once the documents are signed nothing can be done.

So go for it as long as it is peaceful.

If they are the only options I would rather take GMac, mostly based on the fact that he knew of the transfer targets and was right there with GH, knows what kind of football we want to play etc. Wouldnt need as much transition and the coaching team could stay on. Having said that...I really, really, cannot understand for the life of me why it has come down to Alex Mcleish for god sake!!!!WTF???!!!

Dnno what to say

Im trying to think of some positives with McLeish

...but still think we are appointing a manager a par with Mick McCarthy ...actually thinking about it Mick got Ireland to world cup last 16 , has more Prem experience and has kept wolves in league 2 seasons running with less money ...

Arghh