• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love Sid Cowans to step up. Sid if your listening give it a go. If it turns to shit doesn't matter your still or will be a legend. Give it a go, be a man, have a go. At this moment in time there's nothing to loose or lose, god knows, to much drink, save us. Kenny , Dennis , Des anyone help please.

charliee1972 Paul

by JulieBayleyIFA

@ @OllieHoltMirror Im hearing the moyes has left Everton and signed 2 year deal at Villa?

charliee1972 Paul

@ @mini_beest just was told been offered 3 year deal and he wants to talk! Trying to get it confirmed. Will let you know.

Coop_86 Chris Cooper

@ @JulieBayleyIFA @macca7172 @Charliee1972 Ok this also matches what I have heard today.

PLEASE BE TRUUUUUUUUUUUUE

After slagging me off earlier as well! I'm applying for my Private Detective licence tomorrow!!

I have a suspicion we are deep in negotiations with someone which is why they feel no need to release a statement on Mcleish as the new manager will be unveiled soon.

If this was the case and nothing was going on I would have thought Mcleish or his agent would have said something public. He's getting hammered by villa fans and blues fans and being accused of things from the blues board.

If none of what's being reported is true it's surprising that mcleish would allow himself to be spoken about so much in the press.

Randy is the one man at the club who should know all the incomings and all the outgoings. We got to a point where we couldn't/wouldn't spend any money in the summer after our best season in years. I don't see how anyone can argue that this is running a club well. For reasons unknown we also lost a good manager, replaced him with one that did a poor job and had health issues and now seem to be after a manager who was relegated last year after the Wigan manager didn't even want to attend an interview.

Randy being a good guy doesn't stop him from making mistakes.

**** Randy Lerner, how did he not know that Houllier's 10 year old health issue would come back?! surely Houllier had a medical before we hired him, but i am ANGRY that Lerner listened to the doctors and not big_john_10

Well my friend is best mates with a blues director and he has informed me that Mcleish will be revelaed as the new manager on Thursday,how true this is ? is anybodys guess,but more than likely more B.S.

Really ?!?

I'm off down the bookies as that sounds concrete enough for me if you mates got friends on the BCFC board.. :yawn:

Price to short if it were odds for rather against it would be worth a shot although i know you are taking the piss...hehe

If none of what's being reported is true it's surprising that mcleish would allow himself to be spoken about so much in the press.
This is true. Though it could be the case that he's just waiting for someone of note to say the wrong thing, something particularly libellous, and then he himself will have a legal team on to it. After all, it's best to keep your head when all around are losing theirs.

This may or may not have been mentioned, but is anyone else slightly embarrassed by the low level of quality of the 'McLeish not welcome' banner?

Christ, I thought they were the inbreds!

He is not worthy of quality workmanship!

LMA: Blues board had made McLeish's position 'untenable'

Alex McLeish resigned as Birmingham manager because his position had been made untenable by the club’s board, LMA chief executive Richard Bevan told Press Association Sport.

Full story and newsreel link

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/lma-blues-board-had-made-mcleishs-position-untenable-508979.html

I think that it is time to forget about David Moyes, as much as most Villa fans want to see him at Villa Park I cannot see Everton letting him go or Moyes actually saying he wants to come to Villa Park.

This is a very depressing time to be a Villa Supporter.

Helicopter just landed at BHX from the North West. My man didn't notice who got off............ :bang:

Ah you utter bolllox :)

On a serious note though, if you're going to the effort and expense to chopper someone in from the NW, why land at BHX and not some big patch of grass at (for example) BMH?

It's not my fault you're stupid. In the 09/10 season we had no sponsor, during the end of that season we get a ceo to drive to get revenue in the following summer. Randy says sell to buy, wage bill too high in relation to revenue. Why on earth did we spend two seasons without a sponsor if we needed money? Why only in the summer of 2010 did we get a ceo and go try get a huge income stream like a shirt sponsor?

What was happening up until then, years of no ceo, years of no sponsor. Randy let the club get like that and only write up to the reality I'm the 09/10 season.

There is no need for the abuse is there, calm yourself.

I dont understand why your ignoring my question about how things in the past make us a poorly run club now?

But i suppose there is a reason why you ignore questions and twist everything else.

Anyway this thread is not about Randy or how things are run its how Villa fans overreact to a little tommy squeaker never mind a manager appointment.

Since randy took over he has poorly managed the club until he realised this in the 09/10 season resulting in the breakdown of relations with O' Neill. He'd he erin the club properly and increased our income by tapping the stands all other clubs did we would probably still have o'neill. The current mess is the result of Randy's mistakes in his first years here.

That is what I've said repeatedly, you just fail to understand simple English. Randy mismanaged and now we are still in that mess as he tries to fix it.

Yes, he made mistakes as an owner, considering it's the first time in football, like anyone, a player or a coach ....you make mistakes. Same with the owners, you learn from those mistakes and that's what he's doing and now rectifying. Although the view O'Neill would still be here etc...is just sheer speculation.

We've finished 11th, 6th, 6th, 6th, 9th under Randy.....I'd say overall, he's done a fine job for this club, it's a shame you don't feel that you can give a board time to work things out, a board who have put a £100 million+ into the club but that's not good enough for us ...

Well I just think the big mistake was letting the club get to the level it was financially at the end of the 09/10 season. We get a 12mil per year sponsorship that summer with fx pro, revenue we clearly needed the previous too seasons. This mismanagement led in my view to the departure of O'neill which has resulted in us being here now with a near certain pure managerial appointment.

If Randy had run the club properly from the start, had gone out and got the best football ceo he could and tapped every revenue stream we would not be here now. The blame for our relegation battle season is his.

That is my opinion and it has a very solid reasoning for it. Nothing off the cuff or random about it, I've detailed it many times before. I'd prefer a properly run club to this one.

Don't agree with this at all!

The shirt sponsor: The club went with Acorn's in support of a local charity, a move which was hailed at the time, and something I still massively respect the board for doing.

Revenue Streams: Randy and the board have tapped revenue streams but at the same time they've also tried to do the right things by the fans. Holding ticket and season ticket prices where possible, making large investments into the training ground to attract bigger players to satisfy the fans desire for champions league football, investing our traditions such as the hotel etc. There are lots of things people forget about other than the squad that the board have supported, MOSTLY at the request of fans. I find it really hard to accept that some of those same fans are now blaming Randy for his management of the clubs finances.

As someone's already mentioned he's pumped near 100 mill into players, not to mention an insane amount into players wages most of which were signed during MON's stay.

In my opinion, the main mistake Randy made (and it's still not been made public why O'Neil left) was not being able to come to an agreement with MoN about funds vs wages. We're led to believe MoN left as he was told to cut the wage bill before buying new players and not being able to spend the Milner money. However, 6 months later we buy Darren Bent,

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I'm almost certain if Randy could go back to the start of last season knowing what we know now, he would have said to MoN, "Let's get the wage bill under control this season, offload the players u don't need that are on huge £40k a week contracts, and I'll fully support you in making a big bold move for an experienced striker with £25m to spend". That may well have kept hold of O'Neil and none of the subsequent issues (Houllier, McAllister, McLeish, bla blah) would ever have surfaced!

For me, it's more that 1 issue that snowballed this whole situation - nothing to do with Randy's financial management - which imo has always been prudent, well invested, but also generous when it's needed to be.

Do you really want the Holte End being renamed 'The Dominoes Pizza Stand'???

charliee1972 Paul

by JulieBayleyIFA

@ @OllieHoltMirror Im hearing the moyes has left Everton and signed 2 year deal at Villa?

charliee1972 Paul

@ @mini_beest just was told been offered 3 year deal and he wants to talk! Trying to get it confirmed. Will let you know.

Coop_86 Chris Cooper

@ @JulieBayleyIFA @macca7172 @Charliee1972 Ok this also matches what I have heard today.

PLEASE BE TRUUUUUUUUUUUUE

After slagging me off earlier as well! I'm applying for my Private Detective licence tomorrow!!

Slagged you off did I. I dont think so.

JulieB wrote:

Whatever happens.....

I am now 100% certain that we have been talking to a Ginger Scotsman about the vacancy at VP for weeks.

If that Ginger Scotsman doesn't come because his employer can't be budged.. and we end up with an alternative ginger scotsman, we don't want or someone else, then it won't be through lack of trying!

You do make me chuckle Julie. I know for certain as well due to a certain person on twitter with connections at the club stating the exact same thing only 25 minutes ago.

Where did I slag you off? Nowhere. You were saying you are 100% certain, and ALL i stated was that I also know as I have read the exact same tweet as you have. From coop_86. So there you go.

No slagging off here.

This is true. Though it could be the case that he's just waiting for someone of note to say the wrong thing, something particularly libellous, and then he himself will have a legal team on to it. After all, it's best to keep your head when all around are losing theirs.

MON resigned when he felt his position was untenable, stayed silent when fans etc were calling him all kinds of names then, 12 months later, pockets a nice little bit of compensation after arbitration.

I have a suspicion we are deep in negotiations with someone which is why they feel no need to release a statement on Mcleish as the new manager will be unveiled soon.

If this was the case and nothing was going on I would have thought Mcleish or his agent would have said something public. He's getting hammered by villa fans and blues fans and being accused of things from the blues board.

Not suggesting that we are in deep negotiations, but if we are, Birmingham will know as much about it as the journalists do, and could well just be assuming like most that it's because he's resigned for Villa and like the scum that they are, have spat their dummy out and starting abusing everyone left, right and centre.