• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's just me but blues want 5.5 million compansation god knows how much everton would want bit on those prices couldn't we say to Chelsea "we are no threat to you how about we giving you the 6 million you paid him to release him to manage us?"

Or just go for. Gulliet now he has been sacked

Instead of the 5.4million compensation needed for McLeish, I rather we chucked that into the wages for a top class manager. Pay the wages and give someone a couple of million signing on bonus to get them. Money talks! Bring in anyone but McLeish please.

charliee1972 Paul

by JulieBayleyIFA

@ @OllieHoltMirror Im hearing the moyes has left Everton and signed 2 year deal at Villa?

charliee1972 Paul

@ @mini_beest just was told been offered 3 year deal and he wants to talk! Trying to get it confirmed. Will let you know.

Coop_86 Chris Cooper

@ @JulieBayleyIFA @macca7172 @Charliee1972 Ok this also matches what I have heard today.

PLEASE BE TRUUUUUUUUUUUUE

It's not my fault you're stupid. In the 09/10 season we had no sponsor, during the end of that season we get a ceo to drive to get revenue in the following summer. Randy says sell to buy, wage bill too high in relation to revenue. Why on earth did we spend two seasons without a sponsor if we needed money? Why only in the summer of 2010 did we get a ceo and go try get a huge income stream like a shirt sponsor?

What was happening up until then, years of no ceo, years of no sponsor. Randy let the club get like that and only write up to the reality I'm the 09/10 season.

There is no need for the abuse is there, calm yourself.

I dont understand why your ignoring my question about how things in the past make us a poorly run club now?

But i suppose there is a reason why you ignore questions and twist everything else.

Anyway this thread is not about Randy or how things are run its how Villa fans overreact to a little tommy squeaker never mind a manager appointment.

Since randy took over he has poorly managed the club until he realised this in the 09/10 season resulting in the breakdown of relations with O' Neill. He'd he erin the club properly and increased our income by tapping the stands all other clubs did we would probably still have o'neill. The current mess is the result of Randy's mistakes in his first years here.

That is what I've said repeatedly, you just fail to understand simple English. Randy mismanaged and now we are still in that mess as he tries to fix it.

Yes, he made mistakes as an owner, considering it's the first time in football, like anyone, a player or a coach ....you make mistakes. Same with the owners, you learn from those mistakes and that's what he's doing and now rectifying. Although the view O'Neill would still be here etc...is just sheer speculation.

We've finished 11th, 6th, 6th, 6th, 9th under Randy.....I'd say overall, he's done a fine job for this club, it's a shame you don't feel that you can give a board time to work things out, a board who have put a £100 million+ into the club but that's not good enough for us ...

Well I just think the big mistake was letting the club get to the level it was financially at the end of the 09/10 season. We get a 12mil per year sponsorship that summer with fx pro, revenue we clearly needed the previous too seasons. This mismanagement led in my view to the departure of O'neill which has resulted in us being here now with a near certain pure managerial appointment.

If Randy had run the club properly from the start, had gone out and got the best football ceo he could and tapped every revenue stream we would not be here now. The blame for our relegation battle season is his.

That is my opinion and it has a very solid reasoning for it. Nothing off the cuff or random about it, I've detailed it many times before. I'd prefer a properly run club to this one.

good job you can type these comments, cos the way you seem to be noshing on MONs bits we wouldn't be able to understand you it you tried to say them with your mouth full. work the shaft, caress the balls

Appointing AM would show a complete lack of respect for all Villa fans. Majority of us love Randy and all he has done for the club but this move would lose us all. Surely he's not going to do that?

Randy is the one man at the club who should know all the incomings and all the outgoings. We got to a point where we couldn't/wouldn't spend any money in the summer after our best season in years. I don't see how anyone can argue that this is running a club well. For reasons unknown we also lost a good manager, replaced him with one that did a poor job and had health issues and now seem to be after a manager who was relegated last year after the Wigan manager didn't even want to attend an interview.

Randy being a good guy doesn't stop him from making mistakes.

LMA: Blues board had made McLeish's position 'untenable'

Alex McLeish resigned as Birmingham manager because his position had been made untenable by the club’s board, LMA chief executive Richard Bevan told Press Association Sport.

The longer this goes on the more I'm starting to think that there either isn't a plan in place or whatever Plan A was (and probably Plan B for that matter) hasn't panned out and they are now scambling. So if they really are intent on not considering Mark Hughes - and I still think he's the best suited to the job - then I can see them turning to Claudio Ranieri for many of the same reasons they went for Houllier last year. In light of the way some of the rumour-mongering has led us - rightly or wrongly - this maybe isn't such a bad idea but I can see results following a very similar pattern as last season's.

One thing is for sure though, however this all gets resolved there's a good chance that the residual damage from the media fall-out and collective supporter anxiety during the past few weeks has hurt the credibility of Mr. Lerner and his board, and has arguably done more to define the direction the club is heading toward than any statement possibly could. It appears clear that the club are nowhere near to being ready to mount any kind of sustained challenge for major success, either on or off the pitch - and it's not due to the lack of any financial muscle but the organisation of what resources we have to pull together in the pursuit of clear definable goals. After the last twelve months, we look like we can't see further than merely keeping our heads above water, dealing with whatever situation follows another, allowing for little in the way of long-term planning. I was really hoping that whoever is to be unveiled as the new manager would enable the club to clarify exactly what our aims now are and how we are ready to move ahead after a year of transition and unrest. With each passing day, it appears that the impending appointment may ultimately signal little more than the aversion of a mounting crisis to steady an increasingly very rocky ship and the new man will be met with a sense of acceptance rather than optimism.

But I sincerely hope I'm wrong and that we may yet still be pleasantly surprised.

LMA: Blues board had made McLeish's position 'untenable'

Alex McLeish resigned as Birmingham manager because his position had been made untenable by the club’s board, LMA chief executive Richard Bevan told Press Association Sport.

I predict a MON-esque 12 months in the wilderness for McLeish as he takes BCFC to arbitration on a constructive dismissal case.