• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Come on, he was NEVER gonna get SHA playing like Barca was he.....

Style of play whilst there is irrelevant really

No it isn't. Managers have philosophies, how many managers in the game do you see change their way they manage clubs regularly depending on their club?

Martinez doesn't get Wigan playing like Barca but he certainly gives a passing game a go because that's his style.

McLeish is a very negative manager and it wouldn't change here. Maybe not to the extent, just like when O'Neill was at Leicester, we'd just see a slightly better game, mainly because we have better playes. We wouldn't see a change of style though from what McLeish usually manages.

David Moyes uses negative tactics, so does Rafa Benitez - but i see loads of people wanting them here?? Whats the difference?

Oh thats right...he managed blues.

The difference is he managed to get Blues relegated twice, in 3 years. This is not good enough and no amount of excuses can justify that. He is not good enough for where we want to be and it is as simple as that. If the likes of Hughes & Benitez weren't available and willing to join us then McLeish maybe a viable option but he has not performed well at Birmingham.

I fail to see how some people think that winning the League Cup, after a massive blunder by Arsenal's goalie, and then getting relegated whilst playing god awful football is some kind of achievement that we should covet at our club.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,

Whilst trying to calm down over the mcleish situation i thought i would check out the mans stats as a player and manager.

Please dont rip my nuts off but his managerial record aint that bad.

motherwell , hibs , rangers , scotland and small heath.

motherwell promotion , hibs 3rd in league , scotland 7 wins out of 10 miss out on last qualifier , rangers last 16 champions league , small heath , highest league finish for 50 years and first trophy for 48 years .

oh and 12 game unbeaten run for blues in prem.

Dont ram me up the bum but they would have stayed up easy if not for losing keay defenders.

We stayed up because of darren bent.

We have better players and more investment available , who knows?

Good post.

McLeish aint a bad manager. I wouldnt be against giving him a crack at it. We could do worse tbh

As time goes by I'm starting to agree also. I spent 48 hours in a nightmare at the prospect, but the more I think about, the less it feels like bringing in Eck would be in fact the end of the world. I mean if we finish in the top 7 with Eck and Blues stay in the championship, I'd be a very happy man. Be a big **** you to Blues too.

No amount of time excuses the fact that AM record in the premiership is not as good as Hughes. Yet your warming to AM as our next manager. Based on what, a good sleep. Macleish is a good manager, but not for us. Macleish smacks of a manager to settle the ship, and were not quite there yet. We need to have have another stab at the to p 4 ,5 whatever it is. Young up and coming, go getter manager, thats what we need. If it turns pear shaped then sack him quick and get yer Macleish in, but lets have a bit of a radical mongrel in..............for a bit.

No. Rafa Benitez has won major cups and David Moyes has consistently finished in the top 7/8 ......while McLeish has got his side relegated twice.

Neither play as negative as McLeish either.

what would you do if you managed Birmingham? I would have made sure they got relegated too. So, in that case he did a fantastic job...

Well,

Whilst trying to calm down over the mcleish situation i thought i would check out the mans stats as a player and manager.

Please dont rip my nuts off but his managerial record aint that bad.

motherwell , hibs , rangers , scotland and small heath.

motherwell promotion , hibs 3rd in league , scotland 7 wins out of 10 miss out on last qualifier , rangers last 16 champions league , small heath , highest league finish for 50 years and first trophy for 48 years .

oh and 12 game unbeaten run for blues in prem.

Dont ram me up the bum but they would have stayed up easy if not for losing keay defenders.

We stayed up because of darren bent.

We have better players and more investment available , who knows?

Good post.

McLeish aint a bad manager. I wouldnt be against giving him a crack at it. We could do worse tbh

As time goes by I'm starting to agree also. I spent 48 hours in a nightmare at the prospect, but the more I think about, the less it feels like bringing in Eck would be in fact the end of the world. I mean if we finish in the top 7 with Eck and Blues stay in the championship, I'd be a very happy man. Be a big **** you to Blues too.

Agree - but there are better managers. out there

How on earth did it come to this ? - GH wasn't going to carry on - good field of candidates available - 2 weeks go by and we are slugging out for the manager who has had 2 sides relegated in 3 seasons ?

How on earth did we get here ?

No it isn't. Managers have philosophies, how many managers in the game do you see change their way they manage clubs regularly depending on their club?

Martinez doesn't get Wigan playing like Barca but he certainly gives a passing game a go because that's his style.

McLeish is a very negative manager and it wouldn't change here. Maybe not to the extent, just like when O'Neill was at Leicester, we'd just see a slightly better game, mainly because we have better playes. We wouldn't see a change of style though from what McLeish usually manages.

David Moyes uses negative tactics, so does Rafa Benitez - but i see loads of people wanting them here?? Whats the difference?

No. Rafa Benitez has won major cups and David Moyes has consistently finished in the top 7/8 ......while McLeish has got his side relegated twice. :?

Yeah

BUT

Moyes manages Everton, Rafa managed Liverpool - 2 MAJOR differences, and differences which cant be overlooked

My dislike for lerner is to do with his running of the club. No sponsor, then we suddenly have a scramble to sell players and increase income. If we'd had 12mil in shirt sponsor like fx pro for a few years we'd have more income. A lack of any ceo until faulkner rtc..

Poorly run club.

We will have a sponsor for the start of the season so....

We have a CEO so....

Clutching at straws, blinded by hatred.

If they are your only reason why we are apparently poorly run, then you dont have a clue.

You're proper clueless. We had no ceo until Faulkner. We had no sponsor until fx pro. Years of no management. A shambles of fired people from the boardroom, resignations.

So we are or were poorly run?

Because your banging on about things years old, not effect anything now.

Your proper not making any sense.

It's not my fault you're stupid. In the 09/10 season we had no sponsor, during the end of that season we get a ceo to drive to get revenue in the following summer. Randy says sell to buy, wage bill too high in relation to revenue. Why on earth did we spend two seasons without a sponsor if we needed money? Why only in the summer of 2010 did we get a ceo and go try get a huge income stream like a shirt sponsor?

What was happening up until then, years of no ceo, years of no sponsor. Randy let the club get like that and only write up to the reality I'm the 09/10 season.

**** me what's going on ? Nearly a whole page of McLeish loving!! I feel sick at the thought of this nob jockey even being named in the same breath of our club... :puke:

People are at different stages from:

1-Denial

2-Anger

3-Bargaining

4-Depression

5-Acceptance

Some in the acceptance category are trying to find good things about McLeish. Many are still in denial and anger.

My anger has passed. I am now sacrificing a goat as an offering to the Lord almighty to stop this travesty :)

Totally agree. His tactic through his entire time at Blues was 'don't lose' and if by chance Blues managed to get in front then stick and defend for your life. That is McLeish's philosophy.

Some fans are happy to watch shit football if they think we might win. I am not. Football is entertainment and I want to be entertained.

No. Rafa Benitez has won major cups and David Moyes has consistently finished in the top 7/8 ......while McLeish has got his side relegated twice. :?

Yeah

BUT

Moyes manages Everton, Rafa managed Liverpool - 2 MAJOR differences, and differences which cant be overlooked

Yes, because they achieved things earlier in their career to go and get those jobs. Perhaps McLeish would deserve to get a top job if he actually did a good job with Birmingham which he hasn't.

When Moyes went to Everton, they had finished below 13th something like 5/6 times in a row ......he made them the club they are today, so it's not as if he took over some big club who were already in the top 7/8....they were struggling.

1st year, you can excuse McLeish because perhaps he hadn't had time to settle in but after a promotion and 9th place ....to then get relegated is just criminal and shows he quite clearly isn't good enough.

why would we want an UNDER ACHIEVING manager of a club lower than us??? that makes no sense.

My dislike for lerner is to do with his running of the club. No sponsor, then we suddenly have a scramble to sell players and increase income. If we'd had 12mil in shirt sponsor like fx pro for a few years we'd have more income. A lack of any ceo until faulkner rtc..

Poorly run club.

We will have a sponsor for the start of the season so....

We have a CEO so....

Clutching at straws, blinded by hatred.

If they are your only reason why we are apparently poorly run, then you dont have a clue.

You're proper clueless. We had no ceo until Faulkner. We had no sponsor until fx pro. Years of no management. A shambles of fired people from the boardroom, resignations.

So we are or were poorly run?

Because your banging on about things years old, not effect anything now.

Your proper not making any sense.

It's not my fault you're stupid. In the 09/10 season we had no sponsor, during the end of that season we get a ceo to drive to get revenue in the following summer. Randy says sell to buy, wage bill too high in relation to revenue. Why on earth did we spend two seasons without a sponsor if we needed money? Why only in the summer of 2010 did we get a ceo and go try get a huge income stream like a shirt sponsor?

What was happening up until then, years of no ceo, years of no sponsor.

But we DID have a sponsor didn't we?

Randy never said sell to buy - that is your (incorrect) assumption.

Randy wanted the wage bill reduced (a perfectly reasonable request) Spurs spent and spend less on wages than us and get CL football - we pay Sidwell and Beye 50k a week to sit on their arses.

... and I wouldn't say MG is stupid on the basis he doesn't agree with you. In fact, I'm inclined to believe that it is confirmation of his intelligence.... unless that is measured in "number of posts" now..... :lol:

**** me what's going on ? Nearly a whole page of McLeish loving!! I feel sick at the thought of this nob jockey even being named in the same breath of our club... :puke:

1-Denial

2-Anger

3-Bargaining

4-Depression

5-Acceptance

Some in the acceptance category are trying to find good things about McLeish. Many are still in denial and anger.

My anger has passed. I am now sacrificing a goat as an offering to the Lord almighty to stop this travesty :)

:lol:

Yeah

BUT

And AM has spent over 30 mill in 15 months with 4 very good loan signings and still got relegated. Compare that to Moyes record whoc took over an Everton side who were just about avoiding relegation.

And AM has spent over 30 mill in 15 months with 4 very good loan signings and still got relegated.

We should all applaud that... We all knew we had Ridge as our agent down there, but is has turned out McLeish was the biggest agent of them all...

1-Denial

2-Anger

3-Bargaining

4-Depression

5-Acceptance

If you're doing it curried with rice and peas --- I'm In

What was happening up until then, years of no ceo, years of no sponsor. Randy let the club get like that and only write up to the reality I'm the 09/10 season.

We gave the sponsor to a charity, sometimes there are things that can be done that are more important than football. Obviously those kids a lot less fortunate than no doubt someone like yourself appreciated it more than you do.

And any need to call anyone stupid?

I see some Villa fans are coming round to the idea of McLeish, subtly outlining the qualities he will bring. I think people are in denial. IF he does become our manager, i will never stop supporting my beloved club. But, say goodbye to any hope of moving forward and showing progression. His appointment to me would just IMPLY desperation and scraping the barrel. IF people honestly believe that once Houllier left that out of all the managers out there, McLeish would even be in the thoughts of the Villa board, then you are deluded. Sorry to be blunt, but IF he was on our shortlist and is being interviewed; I would be seriously questioning the direction of our club. Answer me this, would McLeish have been in the Villa boards mind long before the end of the season? If so, can you imagine if Birmingham had stayed up and the uproar that would have caused? Or was it once Birmingham were relegated, Villa accessed their options and actually believed, McLeish; a guy who got our City rivals relegated; yet won a trophy, would be the answer all Villa fans were craving??

It just doesn't sit right with me. There isn't any smoke and mirrors going on. The thought that McLeish has always been our prime target sends chills down my spine. So I refuse to believe that. So what does that leave me thinking....Well, regardless of how people are trying to sugar-coat it, and I have been one of the people defending our board and how they have gone about their business so quietly and professionally; they have made a mess of things, and he is our last resort.

But I will reserve judgement until after he is appointed.