• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the fans who wanted Martin O'Neill out will realise how stupid they were now? :-)

I've already renewed as I don't care who the manager is. Passed caring now.

Would have loved Moyes, Coyle or Martinez but doesn't look like it's going to happen.

So just wake me up when it's all over please.

Thanks.

There's no logic. The board are making Mike Ashley look good.

Well our fans are doing a good job of acting like Barcode fans, so it all fits.

Can't help yourself can you? "It's all the fans fault...blah blah"

Randy has a bad reputation of making the wrong appointments at the Browns as well. I guess they're all bad as well aren't they? But don't worry, I'm sure his buddy Paul Faulkner will make it all better. Oh wait. It really won't.

Have we appointed our new manager?

The fans need to take some responsibility.

Maybe the fans who wanted Martin O'Neill out will realise how stupid they were now? :-)

I've already renewed as I don't care who the manager is. Passed caring now.

Would have loved Moyes, Coyle or Martinez but doesn't look like it's going to happen.

So just wake me up when it's all over please.

Thanks.

Ditto Houllier.

What was Mcleish's style of play like when at Rangers? Maybe that would be more indicative of how he would play at Villa than at Birmingham. Any great signings up there when the club had some pulling power? I ask as I don't know myself. Thanks.

Awful.

I believe the locals called it "anti-fitba" or words to that effect.

Damn I was hoping for some positives :lol:

Our fans reaction to the RUMOUR is bloody pathetic, making us look small time, and very much like blues.

I think it is more than a rumour! BCFC say we have contacted them about him!

Nope.

What has happened so far is that BCFC contacted us asking us what our position on McLeish was now he had resigned. We e-mailed back saying that as he was a free agent we could speak to him if we wished to.

That's it.

Let's hope this is true.

Can we have a simple poll on this? Just a 'Do you want Alex Mcleish as manager? Yes/No'

Would be interesting to see the results.

Interesting how??

Its quite clear that the more balanced supporters are going to be drowned out by the boo boys

Can we have a simple poll on this? Just a 'Do you want Alex Mcleish as manager? Yes/No'

Interesting how??

Its quite clear that the more balanced supporters are going to be drowned out by the boo boys

Just like we were with GH.

What has happened so far is that BCFC contacted us asking us what our position on McLeish was now he had resigned. We e-mailed back saying that as he was a free agent we could speak to him if we wished to.

Why on earth would BCFC do that?

IF and I emphasize the word IF we are indeed interested in talking to Mcleish after asking to speak with Martinez you do seriously have to question the standard of manager we are going after. I'm all for making a list and having a number of back ups to your main target but it would need to be a bloody long list to include a manager that has managed a side to relegation in 2 of the last 4 years and another manager who has taken his side to the verge of relegation two seasons on the spin.

It took the board 4 weeks to appoint a manager last season and a further two weeks till he was in place. The length of time it took last season was put down to the time of O'Neills departure which was fair enough. Whilst two weeks without a manager should not be considered excessive it is however a little bewildering to see that Fulham appointed Jol with in a few days and Nottingham Forest appointed McClaren, a great appointment at that level, with in 24 hours.

There is a lot of work that the new manager will need to undertake at Villa before the season kicks off. One of our better player is about to leave, another has intimated he would like to follow him out the door, we have no first choice keeper, have lost a first team regular in Reo Coker etc.

This really does need sorting asap. The great name of Aston Villa is being dragged through the mud in every media outlet and the sooner the managerial situation is sorted out, the sooner the shit storm around us at the moment can stop and we can get on with the business of getting a squad of players together capable of again competing in the upper echelons of the league

Interesting how??

So because the majority disagree with your views they are not balanced supporters?

Part of me still thinks that no decision has been reached yet.. It's like the club have:

1. Made up a preliminary list.

2. Gone through proper channels & asked for permission to speak with those on said list.

3. Some were simply not interested or avaliable for whatever reason (Ancelotti who may or may not have a 12 month tie in his Chelsea contract hence 12 months off & Hughes who just coincidentaly left Fulham)

4. Then had preliminary discussions, as in a general meeting to see if there was interest & a basic blueprint of what was on offer from the club / wanted by the prospective manager, with all those already avaliable (Benitez, McClaren) from that list.

5. Had to wait on others i.e. Martinez for permission to be granted before this "chat" could take place & some were given permission, some not or unknown (Moyes, McCleish, Coyle & maybe a few we are not aware of?).

6. After discounting the unrealistic demands of some (Benitez) & disinterest of others (Martinez) they then draw up a proper short list for full interview.

7. Then McCleish decides to make a break from Blues probably down to behind the scenes stuff we are not yet aware of hence the constructive dismissal stuff we are hearing rumours of & GK's "patronising" letter after he heard about this poor treatment?!... McCleish then says he is willing to talk to Villa.

8. Now the short list for full on talks is complete.

McCleish (who is the only one we are really aware of due to events) & maybe 1 or 2 others who we are not aware of?

Hence the delay & lack of any announcement plus this ties in with comments from the general as to no decision has been made yet etc.

Thinking about it Hughes could indeed still be on that list.

I think that a 100% correct storyline thus so far.