• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I'm still clinging to the belief that the board wouldn't dare appoint a manager that would kill the spirit of our club.

Regardless of what your opinion is on his managerial abilities, of which IMO he is clearly rubbish, the fact that he comes from SHA will have a major baring on the view of a vast majority of supporters.

This would be an appointment that would divide the club in so many way.

Proud history divided future :(

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

season ticket renewal date is friday and im seriously considering not renewing for the first time in 17 seasons.

I'm sorry but if the board think that our rival's manager whos just got them relegated is the best man for job then theres no hope for us.

i wanted moyes but that was never gonna happen wouldnt of minded hughes.

i've seen all the press having a go at us and hoped we'd shut them up with a good appointment but dont look thats gonna happen and looks like they were right all along, we are a shambles and no one wants the job.

I really wouldnt blame any member of our squad for wanting to leave us right now.

I'm not an ST holder because I live in Kent and its just not practical.

However, I am genuinely interested in why you would consider NOT supporting the club both financially and in person.

Say for example we appoint McLeish, and we win our first 6 games and are in CL contention by Xmas. Will you come back? Would you then leap on the bandwagon and support the club again.

It doens't matter who is in the Manager's Officer, or who pulls that beautiful shirt on. You are (apparently) a Villa fan. And a bloody priviliged one at that in that you are able to take yourself onto that hallowed ground once fortnight.

If you love this club, support it. Regardless of the difficulties we experience on the way.

:clap:

People who dont go to the games, because they cant always say 'its a privilege' ...its not a privilege to drive up the Hagley Road, which can take an hour on a Wednesday night and have the privilege to watch a bunch of tossers lose to sunderland in -5 sleet.

(NB I have renewed two season tickets.)

Well granted its not the nicest part of the world...... still would rather do it regularly than not.

Coyle, Hughes, Ranieri.

I'd also rather have Poyet, Zola, Holloway.

Yep yep yep, all way-way-WAY above mcdouche.

And Chris Hughton too as someone said.

MAn I'd take all kinds of up and coming lower league managers over Mcdouche. I'm not even that picky really, I'll support almost anyone aprt from benitez/mcclaren and mcdouche.

Though I'm starting to think both mcclaren and benitez arnt so bad now.

But anyone is better than Mr Houllier. oh hang on, maybe they are not.

Coyle, Hughes, Ranieri.

I'd also rather have Poyet, Zola, Holloway.

Yep yep yep, all way-way-WAY above mcdouche.

And Chris Hughton too as someone said.

MAn I'd take all kinds of up and coming lower league managers over Mcdouche. I'm not even that picky really, I'll support almost anyone aprt from benitez/mcclaren and mcdouche.

Though I'm starting to think both mcclaren and benitez arnt so bad now.

But anyone is better than Mr Houllier. oh hang on, maybe they are not.

Personally I was all for a fit and healthy Houllier I figured teh heart would be too much risk....that risk is far less than appointing McCleish.

I'd take Houllier and GMAC all day long over that.

Ive been holding this back, but the thought that the board may have chosen NOT to appoint a more than qualified coach in McClaren (altho I admit he certainly wasnt my choice) on the basis of a load of outraged fans (who think they know it all, but in actual fact are just bothered by a brolly and an accent) - really really worries me

Could it be that this is just Randy's way of rubbing more salt into the Small Heath wounds.

Yep, we'll get your manager to resign, discuss compensation with you, and the reject him anyway, and smugly watch the mess from a safe distance.

how many football 'experts' are going to tell you to go out of any manager in the world, to pick hughes/martinez/mcclaren/mccliesh?

Let's not go overboard, all four of those managers have their strengths - they've won trophies, gained promotions, developed good sides, etc. If McClaren, for example, is total shit then that would imply the Dutch League as shit, yet some of the names people have bandied about are Jol, VanGaal and deBoar who are/were coaching in that same league until very recently.

The debate should be about whether they are a good fit for Villa - keeping in mind our history, budget, player development setup, current standing in the League, etc. We need a manager that plays an attractive style, is very shrewd in the transfer market, can integrate our solid youth setup and energize a latent fan base. If those are a few of the criteria then perhaps none of the above fit the bill.

Ive been holding this back, but the thought that the board may have chosen NOT to appoint a more than qualified coach in McClaren (altho I admit he certainly wasnt my choice) on the basis that a load of outraged fans (who think they know it all, but in actual fact are just bothered by a brolly and an accent) - really really worries me

Agree, but by the same token, I hold out hope that they listen to the fans voices on the matter of Mcleish in a similar vein.

I'll tell you one plus ...... if McCleish is appointed manager - he must have some guts to want to come to us.

Fair play to him, I think he'll get stick mercillessly from day one, but he must have some metal behind him to do it

I will always support the club no matter what....., but I think the board with this appointment if it did go ahead....

are making an automatic rod for their own back

Ive been holding this back, but the thought that the board may have chosen NOT to appoint a more than qualified coach in McClaren (altho I admit he certainly wasnt my choice) on the basis that a load of outraged fans (who think they know it all, but in actual fact are just bothered by a brolly and an accent) - really really worries me

At the moment a lot of things worries me, but hey lets give Lerner the chance... If we end up with McLeish then we can have our saying, but until then I will not chop off Lerners head.

He said no to Schteve because the fans said no.

He said no to Hughes because he walked out on Fulham.

So he goes for McLeish who applies to both of the above. Two wrongs dont make a right Randy.

One of the main things that would be inexcusable is the fact we turned down Rafa (a free agent) and we would pay 5m to bring in McLeish.

Another main thing is the fact Hughes has done exactly the same thing, yet we're gonna turn him down?

There's no logic. The board are making Mike Ashley look good.

Villa have said they are extending tomorrows deadline for the season ticket payment plan for another 2 weeks. Anybody know why? :lol:

:detect:

When we appoint Carlo Ancelotti, demand will be immense - another superb piece of strategy from the club.

:bonk:

Neil.

there was lots of posters who claimed "no one could do any worse"

wonder how they feel now?