• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does martinez need to think about this? If he didnt snap our hands off he doesn`t want it bad enough.

It might not be up to Martinez. It is possible that Villa left the meetings saying that they will make an announcement at 1.30 pm.

We will just have to wait and see.

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

#avfc still waiting to hear back from RM I believe. News likely to emerge from #wafc end first. #limbo

And what's the betting that news from WAFC is Martinez has signed a new contract.

Not that he has turned down Villa as I don't reckon he has been offered the job

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

#avfc still waiting to hear back from RM I believe. News likely to emerge from #wafc end first. #limbo

And what's the betting that news from WAFC is Martinez has signed a new contract.

He must have been offered the job. Otherwise why all the media hype?

If he hasn't been offered the job, then I'm sure the club would have already released a statement to that effect.

Remember Whelan was the one who brought Martinez over to this country. They are very close friends, but whether that's enough to make him decide to stay at Wigan over us..

Do you mean from Wales?

Whelan brought him from Spain first when he was a player.

If lerner thought he could get moyes he would have went for him first. Does anyone really think moyes will accept being 2nd choice? Its a load of bollocks.

Im still convinced its destiny for steve to manage this great club.

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

If he hasn't been offered the job, then I'm sure the club would have already released a statement to that effect.

They have released no statement about any of the supposed candidates.

I am not saying they haven't talked to Martinez I just don't think the job has been offered to him yet.

I could be wrong, thats just my take on it

All this "Martinez will decide at 1.30pm is bollocks.

We invited him to an interview, he came. Gernerally the prospective employer gets to make the decision who to offer it to or not.

RM can decline our offer, yes, but I doubt very much AVFC have made an offer yet.

If lerner thought he could get moyes he would have went for him first. Does anyone really think moyes will accept being 2nd choice? Its a load of bollocks.

Im still convinced its destiny for steve to manage this great club.

just because the dm thing has been leaked.... even hearing the DW'S comments, he had never said the job is his to turn down.

And my god, you really would go balls deep into Steve. Shocking.

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

there was loads of media hype around hughes, then benitez, then mclaren. according to the media they were all nailed on for the job.

we haven't released any statements about anybody who hasn't got the job, why would we?

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

there was loads of media hype around hughes, then benitez, then mclaren. according to the media they were all nailed on for the job.

we haven't released any statements about anybody who hasn't got the job, why would we?

I don't know, it just feels like the club think Martinez is the man. The big issue I have now is, how bad would it make the club look IF Martinez did turn us down?