• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martinez is on a good thing at Wigan its a club he used to play for and he has a close relationship with the chairman

I think it will be difficult to appoint the bloke as a manager let alone an assistant

But its all speculation at this point anything could happen

Martinez is on 10,000 a week at Wigan so he's hardly likely to turn down Villa if and when a job offer is made.

Maybe RM isnin Madrid. Or maybe he isn't and has spoke To us already and randy has someone else in mind in Madrid?

Martinez as Assistant to Flores?

I've been thinking that too. Maybe not Flores but Martinez as assistant to a more experienced manager to mentor him to takeover in a few years.

Maybe RM isnin Madrid. Or maybe he isn't and has spoke To us already and randy has someone else in mind in Madrid?

I've been thinking that too. Maybe not Flores but Martinez as assistant to a more experienced manager to mentor him to takeover in a few years.

Very possible 8)

There is also alot of talk on wigans message boards about bilbao wanting him, there are several reasons as to why he could have said no, due to our silence and the media getting increasingly pissed off at us every single reason will be a negative one but that might not be the case

talk of moyes getting the job is incredibly quiet which surprises me

If Martinez has turned us down, I'm pretty glad. Glad that is that he's level-headed and knows jumping into the cauldron of VP, with all that entails, could well set his career back a good way. No matter what anyone says, being the manager of Aston Villa these days is pretty much a thankless task.

He WILL be a very good manager in time, I'm sure. But, for now, he's busy learning his trade and fair play to him for doing just that.

Very possible 8)

Not bloody likely. As if he would move from being a manger to an assistant.