• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

If he sais no I would imagine it would be for the reason Whelan mention; Martinez feels he needs a year or two more at a smaller club before moving up to a bigger club. Only question now (if him turning us down is true) where do we turn now?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can't convince the manager of Wigan to come here then I do worry about what manager we'll end up with. Also I worry if decent managers available will be happy becoming a second choice manager.

I think any decent manager would look at the current villa squad and tell Mr Lerner that money needs to be spent thats probably why were linked with manager's who are used to working on a shoestring such as Martinez

Martinez is on a good thing at Wigan its a club he used to play for and he has a close relationship with the chairman

I think it will be difficult to appoint the bloke as a manager let alone an assistant

But its all speculation at this point anything could happen

If we can't convince the manager of Wigan to come here then I do worry about what manager we'll end up with. Also I worry if decent managers available will be happy becoming a second choice manager.

easy solution all randy has to say is he was one of few candidates for the post that interested villa. so not end of tehw orld

i hope to god that clown durhams right i would be delighted if he rejected us, there is alot better out there

Actually saying that Houllier can't fly anywhere anyway! So must be manager on holiday!
Would tie in with MM's comments about a manager on his holidays. Maybe after reading Villa message boards Randy said **** it and went out to get his man? :P

Actually saying that Houllier can't fly anywhere anyway! So must be manager on holiday!
I know a guy who flew to the states a week after triple bypass heart surgery!

Strangely enough i know a bloke who had a stroke in thailand flew back to the UK a few days later and died on the plane wierd this has been bought up

If Roberto Martinez chooses he doesn't want to be in contention to manage us, then our stock really has fallen more than I thought!

No its not as simple as that.

Martinez himself has probably thought this would be too big of a step for himself now.

Perfectly understandable - because it is .

Hes only 37 so another year at Wigan isn't going to do him any harm - as if he came to us now and was a disaster his reputation would be severely damaged .

I don't think we've offered the job to anyone so how can Martinez done it down!

Logged in to say just that!!! The press really has a way with words. Maybe none of these "candidates" were actually offered the damn job! Can't turn down what ain't been offered. Geez

:lol: Let's not kid ourselves. If he was so happy and so loyal why attend an interview for the job? If he turns us don't it won't just be down to him enjoying life at Wigan, clearly he's interested and we'd have failed to convince him to join.

This is all if the rumours are true.

Some of the conspiracy theories on these message boards are so comical.

I'm sure Randy is working around the clock to appoint a new manager. We just have to be patient.

I don't look at the message board for 4 hours, and suddenly over 70 pages have been added. Crazy.