• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Am I the only one here who's carefully monitoring H&V for another message from the man of mystery?

Not at all, I followed a link off twitter to an article on there and there's more than 1 or 2 familiar names floating around.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very surprised if Martinez is appointed manager (not to say more than a little disappointed)

I would take Jol who was unemployed at the start or Hughes who will be a free agent at the end of the month so would cost us nothing.

I do wonder if we have anyone advising us about a manager during this.

I would be very surprised if Martinez is appointed manager (not to say more than a little disappointed)

I would take Jol who was unemployed at the start or Hughes who will be a free agent at the end of the month so would cost us nothing.

Yet i assume you wouldn't take a McClaren? Who finished 1st in the same Dutch league at the same time the amazing Jol was finishing 4th with Ajax.

Probably the same person(s) who advised them last time, worryingly.

Am I the only one here who's carefully monitoring H&V for another message from the man of mystery?

He's always said that he doesn't have a clue who the manager will be.

He said he'd heard McClaren and Hughes were ruled out but he didn't know who was in the frame.

This "meltdown" talk was just an optimistic hunch, not based on any knowledge.

No it wasn't.

He was given a "snippet of info" I think he's words were about meltdown man. He didnt want to say anything about it in case it disrupted anything.

Yet i assume you wouldn't take a McClaren? Who finished 1st in the same Dutch league at the same time the amazing Jol was finishing 4th with Ajax.

If that was the end of this season then yes I probably would take McClaren...........however its what he did next which puts a huge question mark over him as our next manager.

I posted this on the Gen's thread yesterday

"General.

Snip........

There is having an opinion and then there's some keyboard warrior trying to belittle some of the best business brains in the country (working on the board). Who are you to tell the board what to do?

You think they don't know that appointing a manager will also send out a message to the footballing world?

Also, why are you so intent on putting in so many digs at the General?

I don't know what's worse, you posting this drivel to the General about the club you 'support', or the fact that you've copied it on another thread in hope of support and encouragement?

Quite agree, I read that post and cringed. The simplistic attitude of some people makes baby jesus cry

Sounds like Randy is after a YES man. No wonder he wouldn't entertain Rafa.

Do people think Martinez would work for Villa? He likes continental style very slow build up from the back. No offense but we have a very uncultured/neanderthal fanbase. I can just imagine the Holte going mad because we weren't going forward quick enough, he even used to get this at Swansea. He's also been on the end of some severe beatings which at Wigan maybe acceptable but at Villa it's a definite no-no. Whilst I have no doubt he is a very dignified man who goes about things the right way, he's never won anything as a player or a manager. I like the idea of building a dynasty but not sure RM is the man for the job.

No offence but you're all neanderthals. Now I know you are a Birmingham fan. Patronising swine. Sod off back to the Sty.

Not at all, I followed a link off twitter to an article on there and there's more than 1 or 2 familiar names floating around.

Link?

This is really frustrating. Not so much the not knowing who'll be the next man in charge as the way we as fans treat each other and the club on this board. It is one thing debating and discussing the appointment and possible candidates, but the amount of vitriol and bile directed at fellow posters is beyond belief.