• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Does anyone actually reckon he will turn us down?!

I think there is . Whelean sounds pretty confident he'll stay . I also think for Martinez himself it would make sense to stay another season at Wigan .

I wouldnt be suprised if he himself thinks this is too big of a step at this moment - which frankly it definately is.

This worries me hugely.

The "top class" managers aren't interested.

The "lesser" managers don't feel ready/able

That leaves us stuck in the middle with :?: Shhteve? Curbs? AN Other? :shock:

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully expect him to reject us, and then the reality of that [being rejected by the Wigan manager] will hurt.

Agree. Being turned down by Wigan's manager will not reflect well on us. It'll be sobering and somewhat shameful.

But I'll take that, just so we don't have Martinez.

Say if wigan had lost there last two games and gone down, does anyone think we would have considered him?

He was actually 15 mins away from relegation. Doubt they would of considered him either. Fickleness.

Correct. One goal basically.

YES YES YES YES......

Come On Villa, take the useless pillock.

£3m compo and Mark Hughes as replacement, BRING IT ON.

I'm sure despite what Whelan says, he knows if Bobs good enough. He's sat through 6, 7, 8 & 9 goal humiliations with him in charge, I'm positive he would " be sad to see him leave." lol

Another quote from a Wigan fan.

Is that how low we've fallen?

Fallen from where?

Winning the Coca Cola cup in 96?

Made me chuckle, but it's the cold hard truth.

How about fallen from where we were a few short seasons ago - challenging for a CL place and domestic trophies, and on the up.

YES YES YES YES......

I'm sure despite what Whelan says, he knows if Bobs good enough. He's sat through 6, 7, 8 & 9 goal humiliations with him in charge, I'm positive he would " be sad to see him leave." lol

A quote from "the other" Wigan fan.

Fixed again. © Gareth RDR 2011. Reproduced by Kind Permission.

Say if wigan had lost there last two games and gone down, does anyone think we would have considered him?

He was actually 15 mins away from relegation. Doubt they would of considered him either. Fickleness.

Correct. One goal basically.

Say if Villa had won six more games and made the champions league, does anyone think we would have let GH go?

YES YES YES YES......

I think it's rather sad that even Wigan fans don't rate him. But what's even worse, totally embarassing, is that fans on here are getting excited by him.

YES YES YES YES......

I think it's rather sad that even Wigan fans don't rate him. But what's even worse, totally embarassing, is that fans on here are getting excitied by him.

You need to look at the Wigan boards then, anyone can find an isolated quote from some clearing in the woods. Look on these boards.

Quietly excited about the possibility of Martinez, he's done really well with small clubs now is the time for him to step up and build something great with Aston Villa (if appointed).

Even if he was capable of doing so, which is debatable, Villa fans will not give him time to build something great.

C'mon, he won't last the season unless we're bothering the top 6, which realistically isn't going to happen.

Seriously!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me that's true. If he needs a lift, I'll drive him.

Another quote. Need I go on? Hardly a ringing endorsement of a club legend.

So you couldn't find a positive quote eh?

Does anyone actually reckon he will turn us down?!

Doubt it, he's likely to double or triple his salary by joining Villa, nobody turns that down unlesss youre already veryt wealthy which i doubt Martinez is yet

Nowhere near as simple as that.

Whelean could increase his wages a lot to stay - which by all accounts is what hes trying to do.

If a manager is seriosuly thinking longterm about his career (rmber Martinez is only 37 - so he has plenty of time to make the step up etc) he may see this as more of risk to his own reputation than staying at Wigan for another season or two.

He makes the jump now and it all goes horribly wrong he might find himself out of work longterm.

Reputation for managers is incredibly important .