fifa 12

fifa09don

Played head to head for the first time in ages last night, got up to Div 3 from 5. Playing as Sweden, they're v.good for a 4 star side, mainly because of Ibrahimovich. I see Shalcke, my previous 4 star soldiers have now been boosted to 4 and a half after the updates.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this worth getting then? Might get it for Xmas now the price has dropped a bit. I'm normally a PES buyer but the last few have been shite. Not really a fan of Fifa games but I quite liked 10, and I hear good things about this one.

Also, is the full game much different to the demo? I wasn't blown away by the demo.

Having had the game for a few months now, my suggestion would be if you're going to play it online and/or with mates a lot, then go for it.

If you're going to be playing the computer all the time, think twice.

I personally think Career Mode is pretty shit, and they've tried pretty hard to ruin the Be A Pro Seasons which used to be awesome.

Having had the game for a few months now, my suggestion would be if you're going to play it online and/or with mates a lot, then go for it.

If you're going to be playing the computer all the time, think twice.

I personally think Career Mode is pretty shit, and they've tried pretty hard to ruin the Be A Pro Seasons which used to be awesome.

Spot on.

the improvements to Career Mode alone almost make it worth the price.

I personally think Career Mode is pretty shit

great to see some unanimity on the fundamentals :lol:

cheers for the insight lads, will mull it over.

I thin kthe difference is, Gareth plays career mode as a Football Manager game. So he doesn't play the majority of th egames, just sims them.

Which is fair enough, the management aspects of it seem pretty good.

But I have FM so if I want to do that, I'll play FM. For FiFA I want to play the games. And it's so unbelievably frustrating playing against the computer, that I just can't make it through any decent period of time on manager mode.

Be a Pro is slightly better, but they've done a good job of sucking the fun out of that too to be honest.

Don't get me wrong, I think against other people, mates or online, it's the best football game ever. I absolutely love it and play it loads.

I just wouldn't recommend it to someone who was only going to play single player.

I thin kthe difference is, Gareth plays career mode as a Football Manager game. So he doesn't play the majority of th egames, just sims them.

Which is fair enough, the management aspects of it seem pretty good.

But I have FM so if I want to do that, I'll play FM.

Aye, there's the rub. If I could play Football Manager I'd be singing from the same hymnal as it's probably lightyears ahead but alas I am coming at it from the viewpoint of a luddite who knows not the pleasures of FM, thanks to my 10 year-old, second-hand PC that blue-screens when I try and run Minesweeper, let alone anything else.

Don't get me wrong, I think against other people, mates or online, it's the best football game ever. I absolutely love it and play it loads.

I just wouldn't recommend it to someone who was only going to play single player.

I m the complete opposite I play it mostly in career mode and play all the games. Online in FIFA really isn't my cup of tea.

im slowly starting to pick up. (i only play online when on my own, and kick-off with mates) up to division 3 so far on 12 points from 5 games. so just need 2 wins from last 5 games and im up to division 2! (ignore the just bit, its still going to be difficult)

Most people think I'm daft when I say this but I'm hoping there will be someone out there who agrees with me.

I've just got a PS3 with Fifa 12. I played all the footie games Kick Off 2 and Sensible Soccer on the Amiga, and then the Fifas on the MegaDrive and SNES years ago, then got out of the footie games a bit as they weren't at all realistic.

Got a Wii a few years back and took the plunge with Pro Evo 2008 for it because of the revolutionary control system. I absolutely loved it and suddenly I was able to play football and win games by being in charge of where I wanted the ball to go. I could put together some lovely moves that would shame Barca and it was a joy to play. It's just a pity the graphics were comparatively crap.

Now I've got the PS3 and Fifa 12, it's just back to the cludgy, nasty, limited control system where the computer is in control of where the ball goes. I can't just drop a perfect ball in to space while I've sent 2 players on runs to draw defenders away. I give the computer hints on what I want to do, but it's like it's back to the stone age compared the Wii's controls.

And something else that really bugs me is the lack of information on how to do tricks. They leave it you to find it out yourself. I just want to know how to do them. If they're difficult button combos, I'll practice and get good at them myself, rather than having to guess and find stuff out on the net etc.

Hopefully Kinect may change things but I'm a bit underwhelmed by that so far.

In my second season on Career mode with Villa, playing my first game after the transfer window shuts and realise that Stoke have had shall we say....an eventful window. Torres and Suarez up front for them with Jovetic on the bench and Walter Samuel in defence. :shock:

Yeah the Career mode this year has it's surprises that's for sure. I saw some big name players going to much smaller clubs. No matter what though there is always a trend in my career modes. Modric always goes to Man U, Sneijder to City and Villa always sell their best players although that last one is to be expected.

Most people think I'm daft when I say this but I'm hoping there will be someone out there who agrees with me.

I've just got a PS3 with Fifa 12. I played all the footie games Kick Off 2 and Sensible Soccer on the Amiga, and then the Fifas on the MegaDrive and SNES years ago, then got out of the footie games a bit as they weren't at all realistic.

Got a Wii a few years back and took the plunge with Pro Evo 2008 for it because of the revolutionary control system. I absolutely loved it and suddenly I was able to play football and win games by being in charge of where I wanted the ball to go. I could put together some lovely moves that would shame Barca and it was a joy to play. It's just a pity the graphics were comparatively crap.

Now I've got the PS3 and Fifa 12, it's just back to the cludgy, nasty, limited control system where the computer is in control of where the ball goes. I can't just drop a perfect ball in to space while I've sent 2 players on runs to draw defenders away. I give the computer hints on what I want to do, but it's like it's back to the stone age compared the Wii's controls.

And something else that really bugs me is the lack of information on how to do tricks. They leave it you to find it out yourself. I just want to know how to do them. If they're difficult button combos, I'll practice and get good at them myself, rather than having to guess and find stuff out on the net etc.

Hopefully Kinect may change things but I'm a bit underwhelmed by that so far.

You can change all the settings for assisted passing and view all the button combos for the tricks and celebrations under the controller settings part from the main menu.

Â