fifa 12

fifa09don

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh! Played in a cup fo rthe first tim eyesterday.

Won i the last 16.

In the quarters I started against Juve. I scored, then immediately went down their end and won a penalty. The other guy quit, but I didn't get the win, I had to play that round again.

This time I got Man City. Still dominated them but ended up losing!

This is just annoying me now, particularly Ultimate Teams. It's not that I'm doing bad, my record is still pretty good. The majority of games just revolve around long diagonal through balls and hope they get Gabby/Walcott/Bale/Neymar/*insert quick forward* in enough to score or play a pass across the 6-yard box for a tap in. The new defending also makes this even more difficult for people to defend against it. It's just not football for me.

im starting to pick up now, struggling much more defending than last time but starting to get the hang of it. up to division 3 online pretty much, went to bed with 1 point needed for promotion with 4 games left.

if anyone wants me a game by the way would be fun, i have a few of you from the villa talk fifa 11 league, pieface etc. ( we need another league it was fun i qualified for the higher division!

I have switched to legacy defending. Does this make me a bad person?

Pfft, no way. First thing I did was switch back to legacy defending, can't get on with the new setup at all. If it ain't broke and all that jazz.

Started to get to grips with the new tackling/defending system, but suddenly I am now giving away a penalty EVERY game, and I never use slide tackle in the box, only block. The AI is so weighted towards the bigger teams.

I was 1 nil up against Man Utd on World Class with the clock showing 90, and I try and push Rooney out wide on the edge of the box, and he dives...1-1. I could not even be bothered to get angry.

Re: the new defending.

It's annoying when you start.

I'm not sure changing the defending was necessary.

but I will say this. Having persisted with the new system and got to grips with it, I am a better FIFA player than I was before.

Even going back and playing FIFA11 with mates, I'm better than I was before having learnt the new system.

It forces you to defend more intelligently.

I'm really glad they changed it.

I played my friends' son the other day on Xbox 360 (I normally(occasionally) play on PS3)

He's 7 year old PSV fan, and I'm 47, and I made sure that I beat him.

After nurturing him as a Villa man, he got his mom to buy him a Rooney shirt when she visited London.

He shouldn't have asked for that Rooney shirt........ :twisted:

I finally lost a game. I went 27-0-0 before I lost to some prick who was lagging so hard. I was winning with 15 to go and then he started lagging ridiculously and defending turned impossible and the guy won 3-2. I was pissed. I use Napoli and Villa.

Just got to division 4. Haven't played a game yet but I barely made it through division 5. The games are so tight. Many 2-1, 1-0, or 3-2 results for me lately. Got a game winner with petrov ripping it from the half way line catching the keeper off his line. The guy went nuts on his mic. :P

I feel like the game is cheating to make me draw games now.

As I said above, drew 6 games in my first sason in Div 5.

Now played 3 games in my new one and already drew 2. 2-0 up in the last one, absolutely battering this guys playing as Benfica. Then in the last 15 minutes he turns into a god and scores 2 and probably should have won it.

Maybe I'm Alex McLeish?

Â