fifa 12

fifa09don

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering has anyone hired a scout with much sucess.

To busy spending money so far to invest in the youth team. Just wondering was it worth it.

I've got the 7m one scouting england and he's found 4 16 year olds with a potential of 91 then got the two cheaper ones scouting Europe and found a couple of kids in the mid 70s

not sure of there are wonderkids tucked away or if the expensive scout will always find players regardless of where you send him

Alright wtf. I am playing manager mode and I need a CM so I signed cabaye from Newcastle. He cost me 23.5million because his rating was 84. Newcastle agrees to sell him, Cabaye agrees to terms with me, and it says on the main page that Cabaye signed with Aston Villa. One day passes and suddenly I see Cabaye signs for Milan. I say wtf and I get an email saying that Cabaye is now available for me to use and I go check my squad and he is not there. I got check Milan's squad and he is there. At this point I was pretty mad, but then I noticed that I did not get back the 23.5 million I paid and I just quit. Newcastle got a total 46.5 million from one player. Terrible glitch because my whole year of manager mode is now wasted because now I only have 8 million to sign 3 players that I need for Europa League.

Alright wtf. I am playing manager mode and I need a CM so I signed cabaye from Newcastle. He cost me 23.5million because his rating was 84. Newcastle agrees to sell him, Cabaye agrees to terms with me, and it says on the main page that Cabaye signed with Aston Villa. One day passes and suddenly I see Cabaye signs for Milan. I say wtf and I get an email saying that Cabaye is now available for me to use and I go check my squad and he is not there. I got check Milan's squad and he is there. At this point I was pretty mad, but then I noticed that I did not get back the 23.5 million I paid and I just quit. Newcastle got a total 46.5 million from one player. Terrible glitch because my whole year of manager mode is now wasted because now I only have 8 million to sign 3 players that I need for Europa League.

this happened to me on FIFA 10. Livid I was.

Just quit and re-load from the last point of your game, surely? There's no autosave this year, so if shit like this happens you can simply revert to a previous save.

2tsgw.jpg

On that subject, I actually find containing much easier to execute effectively via the legacy control setup as opposed to the new control settings that were (ironically) designed for that very purpose.

I hold down the left trigger to face up to the attacker and try and force him out wide (pacey full-backs are pretty much essential though, incase the attacker tries to burst past you), then just hold him off whilst bringing in a second AI controlled defender to apply pressure. That way you can ease off the ball-carrier yourself and manually position your defender in the best spot to track any runners offering support (AI defenders are shite at this) whilst ensuring you're still close enough to the action to intercept if your AI defender gets beaten.

The AI all turn into Messi within 18 or so yards of your goal :/
It's silly. It's surprising the amount of tackles you can make in and around the opposition penalty area, yet once they get into your final third and especially your penalty area, you can't touch them, even if you surround them.

I eventually scored and drew 1-1 with him. What pissed me off the most was he COULD NOT defend. You know when you see people press the tackle button or just slide because they are that lost. Then again, I must be shit for not capitalizing on it.

:angry:

Hate this, you get some people who just rush around sliding into everything and going for the tackle when they get within 5 yards of you, and you should be able to tear them apart (and usually you do) but it's like they're playing in such a strange way you can't actually get a clear cut chance out of it. :x

I must admit I am loving the game so far (I've started playing the ultimate team which I have never ever bothered with before) and I am mainly playing it online which is something else I have never really bothered with and yeah even though I am enjoying it...

It gets really frustrating when you are playing someone completely shit but still can't manage to get a clear chance (unless you make a quick break and get one on one)

I don't have a problem with the super keepers unless they bring the keeper out and it's nigh on impossible to score

I find that other people struggling with the tackling actually kills the game as you can just press L2 and walk the ball around them rather than having to pass which gets boring

There seems to be a massive emphasis on power play (I have had this work in my favour as well) as soon as someone scores the other team can pretty much walk the ball into the net, which is good if you concede in the 88th minute but is **** infuriating when it goes against you

That said I am still enjoying it and think because of the ultimate team I will yeta lot more fun from this one than I did FIFA 11

In division 7 now with all straight promotions--so far.

Also won the EA cup earlier. I was Villa in every game and got matched up against teams the same star level as me, as you do. In the final though I got matched against Barcelona so just a heads up they take that ruling off. Luckily the guy lost connection so I got the 3-0 win.

Tip to those like me who were being torn apart by AI and other people...hold x (ps3) I just do that and they either make a mistake or you get close enough to tackle late on orrrr one of your players not controlled by you will sneak a leg in.

Beat Blackburn 3-0, 1-1 with Arsenal, beat Everton 3-2 etc. Much better results by just holding x with the occasional mad run and circle.

Â