fifa 12

fifa09don

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on those Turk/Czech leagues chaps?

After the last actions taken by UEFA against the corruption in the Turkish League and the higher costs of the licenses for the Czech league,EA may not feature these 2 leagues and their national teams in the future release of FIFA 12.

You can actually incorporate teams and also an entire league from the creation centre into career mode now. The options on creation mode are so much better this year as well, can use badges/logos and sponsors so can get some pretty realistic looking kits. Pretty sure someone will have already made a decent Trabzonspor already.

Really can't wait to play this, think the demo is great

got the full game today, ratings are:

given 82

hutton 76

collins 76

dunne 78

warnock 75

n'zogbia 77

petrov 77

delph 73

agbonlahor 75

heskey 72

bent 82

guzan 74

clark 75

bannan 73

albrighton 75

delfouneso 73

ireland 77

jenas 75

to be honest i agree with all of them

given 82

hutton 76

collins 76

dunne 78

warnock 75

n'zogbia 77

petrov 77

delph 73

agbonlahor 75

heskey 72

bent 82

guzan 74

clark 75

bannan 73

albrighton 75

delfouneso 73

ireland 77

jenas 75

Either Albrighton needs bringing down to 73 or Delph and Bannan need bumping up to 75.

Other than that, it's not a million miles away.

given 82

hutton 76

collins 76

dunne 78

warnock 75

n'zogbia 77

petrov 77

delph 73

agbonlahor 75

heskey 72

bent 82

guzan 74

clark 75

bannan 73

albrighton 75

delfouneso 73

ireland 77

jenas 75

I think Gabby at 75 is a little harsh.

Disappointed with Gabby, he's a shadow of the threat he was in previous FIFA games. Anyway here are my initial impressions;

It feels a lot different to the demo, thankfully even with Tactical defending turned on your team mates are no longer complete imbeciles. One of my biggest gripes was team mates ignoring simple passes played across them, instead of sticking out a foot for a simple interception they would simply watch the ball go past. This no longer appears to be the case, also on a couple of occasions computer controlled team mates have made tackles while the player I've been in control of was running into a covering position. Major improvement over the demo there.

In terms of difficulty I'm rather concerned. I had problems winning games even scoring goals in the demo on World Class difficulty now I find myself winning consistently on Legendary and I'll be slightly miffed if I have to start adjusting the sliders to favor the computer. Here's hoping it's down to beginners luck or else career mode might prove to be a very dull affair.

Shooting is rather concerning. You may have seen the Bannan goal I posted earlier, well subsequently I've been banging in goals from 20-25 yards with surprising frequency many of them coming from my under developed Virtual Pro. A belter into the top corner from this range should not be as easy as it is. On the flip side I have yet to see the computer controlled teams hazard a shot from more than 12 yards out, even with a gaping goal, utter bollocks.

Defending continues to give me headaches, I rarely if ever used pressure defending in the old games, instead opting for sprinting like a madman straight into where I calculated the opponent was headed but now I find if you don't contain or time your nudge exactly right the opposition will stroll straight past you, I'm also finding my defenders are constantly wandering out of position so when I close on a player at the back my team mates take a quick walkabout leaving attackers wide open.

On PS3 hitting the select button gives you instant control of the keeper, an interesting feature except that when under human control mere mortal keepers suddenly turn into circus gods stopping anything and everything especially if you run straight at the attacker before they get into a position where they will shoot, i.e: 10 yards out. I haven't played online yet but I can see this being a major, major flaw in the game.

All round the presentation is great but I would have liked a quicker initial loading time, there's no turning on the PS3 for a quick game of FIFA when it has to do the hospitality, trophy and other syncing. I started a career mode with 1860 Munich (Kiralys goalkeeping pants FTW!) but didn't get to the season proper so can't really say much other than I'm interested in how effective the scouting will be. The stories that pop up in the news feed are much better than before and as a result I tried to sign an unsettled player only for him to accept a better offer the player was shit any way but had a cracking name: Burakcan Kunt must see if the commentators recorded it so I can select it for my VP. Speaking of the commentary, it is a major improvement there's Tyler and Tyldesley have quite a few anecdotes for the Villa which is nice to hear and it turns out Alan Smith is a Villa fan. Haven't heard any Villa specific comments from Townsend yet but hopefully he recorded some. He does however regularly profess his undying love for Shea Given.

Maybe I'm just used to it now but my VP seems to be clocking up achievements at a very quick rate much faster than last years game, possibly good since he'll be handy to use online for the somewhat weak Villa squad but starting off in the second division of the German league as a 17 year old I wouldn't expect him to be maxed out by the end of the first season but I'm concerned he might well be.

So in summary so far a lot of concerns with the game, that being said I simply cannot wait to get home and play till my fingers blister and wife disowns me.

2 More items of note:

1. Slide Tackles have become utterly impossible. I was rather fond of cutting though the occasional opposing player but now the **** have either eyes in the back of their hears or the ability to phase into a different dimension where they become untouchable.

2. Micropauses on PS3 Slim systems, a **** disgrace in FIFA 10 & 11 has finally been fixed!

from what ive played it's the best fifa yet but..

playing against AI is pointless nowadays when you can play real people online, it is so boring playing against legendary as you cannot get the ball off them, but on a lower difficulty it is just as bad because it's too easy.

the game is alot slower, which is a good thing as it is more of a sim than ever, but the make or break for me will be when i try online when i get my internet back on friday. i have a bad feeling that other players will just keep possession throughout the game and pass it around the defence when they're 1-0 up

it has the potential to be great though

Hmm, about 20 games in (8 AI 12 Online) and if you want a spot on accurate sim of a boring Champions League group stage game you got it. Every game is just so samey, contain contain contain, cut out the ball and swap over. Slide tackling might as well just be taken out of the game altogether. The regular tackling actually works quite nicely once you get used to it but the defensive ai offers absolutely no cover if you get out of position and you WILL get out of position if you dare do anything other than stand in-front of your man and wait your turn for possession. As a result conceding can often feel cheap and scoring feels unsatisfying.

Honestly I'm glad I held off and used the free trial option instead of the code for online. I'll give it a while longer but I can see myself getting rid as I am having absolutely no fun playing it. And don't get me wrong this isn't fifa bashing from a pro evo nut, I've played both demo's and despite massive improvements it's clear that franchise is still a ****, just less so than before.

Â