Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Has anyone challenged the claim with the ASA?

No idea but I also note they are £10-£15 per pack.  How many do you need to get through before they're a false economy anyway?   I've never lived in a hard water area so don't know how bad it can get.  However if anyone in Brum uses them they need their head seeing to.

Edited by sidcow

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

No idea but I also note they are £10-£15 per pack.  How many do you need to get through before they're a false economy anyway?   I've never lived in a hard water area so don't know how bad it can get.  However if anyone in Brum uses them they need their head seeing to.

Is Brum hard or soft water? All I can remember is that my gran made great cordial lollies, better than at home.

1 minute ago, luckyeddie said:

Is Brum hard or soft water? All I can remember is that my gran made great cordial lollies, better than at home.

Brum hard water.  Pumped straight from The Elan Valley in Wales and flavoured with fluoride.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Not just fluoride.

Yes I've definitely tasted a tang of something unpleasant occasionally.  Kind of how you would imagine the inside of a sheeps arse might taste.

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yes I've definitely tasted a tang of something unpleasant occasionally.  Kind of how you would imagine the inside of a sheeps arse might taste.

For the life of me I can’t work out how you’d get the taste of the inside of a sheep’s arse in to a reservoir without incredible inconvenience to yourself, the farmer, and not least the sheep (a famously most calcitrant animal at the best of times), it would be a logistical nightmare.

It was cum.

• Sad 1

You can check whether your water is hard or soft on this website. Although, I'm slightly confused - I put in my old Birmingham postcode, and it stated that it was a soft water area. Which doesn't seem to tally with the map on the site: 

Screenshot_2023-11-03-17-26-17-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You can check whether your water is hard or soft on this website. Although, I'm slightly confused - I put in my old Birmingham postcode, and it stated that it was a soft water area. Which doesn't seem to tally with the map on the site: 

Yeah, I'm  surprised  at that. The softness of the water is a big (OK not that big) reason why I've managed to convince my wife to adopt Birmingham as home

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

For the life of me I can’t work out how you’d get the taste of the inside of a sheep’s arse in to a reservoir without incredible inconvenience to yourself, the farmer, and not least the sheep (a famously most calcitrant animal at the best of times), it would be a logistical nightmare.

It was cum.

Stolen cum to boot

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's probably the softness of the local geographic water on the map. There should be a little pale blue line from the Elan Valley to Birmingham. ;) 

24 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

It's probably the softness of the local geographic water on the map. There should be a little pale blue line from the Elan Valley to Birmingham. ;) 

I’m not sure where you imagine the Elan Valley and Birmingham are but to my eye they are both in the same medium band

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

South = hard

North = soft

Something seems off about that.

• Haha 2

Â