Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

On 23/09/2022 at 00:00, villa4europe said:

C) it's not as controversial as I thought it would be when I created it 

I thought there'd be some right arguments in there (looking at @Xelaand his **** ramekins)

What I wonder is why no one's started a Sunday dinner thread off the back of it... Natural progression 

Sunday dinner is massively overrated and not even close to being worth the effort of cooking it.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That depends on who’s cooking it. 

True, I think it's well worth the effort of Mrs Sidcow cooking it😛

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here in Perth you can see them on a golf corse,in the local cemitary ( eating the flowers ) and while driving in the suntry.They are quite tame,you can get up really close and they look qute.Eating one would be like eating someons pet. 

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Here in Perth you can see them on a golf corse,in the local cemitary ( eating the flowers ) and while driving in the suntry.They are quite tame,you can get up really close and they look qute.Eating one would be like eating someons pet. 

Someone was killed by his pet Kangaroo the other week 

Beat them shit out of him. 

28 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

In the outback, at least where I was living/working, they were everywhere, but not at all tame, more, er, jumpy at the first sight of a human. But in the early morning they would be outside the front door nibling on whatever grass or shrub was around. The only live one I got really close too outdoors turned out to be half blind, with some kind of eye infection, oh and one other where neither it nor I saw each other until the last minute. It was sheltering from the blazing sun in a storm drain next to a track and I was hurtling down the track o na mountain bike. It was me first, just and from about 6 feet away and bolted. Massive muscly b***tard it was.

Got loads of photos, both of live ones and also the dead, road kill ones being eaten by Wedge tailed eagles.

Library - 970 of 3893.jpegLibrary - 1086 of 3893.jpeg

• Like 2

Here in Perth,when one of our friends/relatives comes over for a holiday,we go to the cematary,just down the road and there are heaps of them there eating the flowers.You can get real close ( probably because they are used to people visiting etc the cemitary )

Why they’ve never rebuilt the Crystal Palace using modern materials and techniques as to avoid any problems/destruction/tragedies etc….

Its criminal we have next to nothing left of it all hidden away and left to decay. It should be celebrated. It must have been amazing to behold in its time. 

For a country famed for history we do a shit job of preserving it sometimes. One of the few things I’ve always been amazed by in this country yet it hasn’t been seen by anyone for nearly a century. 

A massive shame and I hope one day they do something to celebrate it that’s worthy of the building itself. 

How often modern medicine has saved my life. 

By that I mean things which I've suffered (injuries or illness) that are relatively minor nowadays but would have likely killed me a few hundred years ago. 

Could I have survived a broken collarbone, a hernia or bronchitis as a baby? Possibly not. 

My son was born via C-section and my wife needed post natal care as she'd lost too much blood, would he and his mum survived labour without modern medicine (probably not)? 

Makes me realise how lucky I am to be alive now. 

• Like 4

Â