Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Yeah, you've probably seen me doubting Breaking Bad in the telly thread. Well, I'm convinced. It is indeed damn good. 

Everyone says it is and it does look good but I have 5 Series of Married with Children and The first two series of The Avengers to get through.

When I was a tad younger I always wondered what would happen if you drilled straight through earth, obviously it will never happen but I heard an interesting stat on the radio today. If you dug an hole straight through the middle of earth and jumped down it, it would take you just over 48 mins to come out the otherside. So in reality were only 48mins away from the people on the otherside of the world.

When I was a tad younger I always wondered what would happen if you drilled straight through earth, obviously it will never happen but I heard an interesting stat on the radio today. If you dug an hole straight through the middle of earth and jumped down it, it would take you just over 48 mins to come out the otherside. So in reality were only 48mins away from the people on the otherside of the world.

Might be dangerous doing that, the ocean would run down the hole and put out the Earth's core.

On the other hand, with the Earth's core extinguished, everything might get a lot colder, scientists would be going on about 'Global cooling', they'd be encouraging the use of cars, petrol prices might go down, car makers would go back to big block engine muscle cars. Electric cars would be heavily taxed for not polluting enough. We'd be encouraged to use more and more electricity. Stupid pointless energy saving light bulbs would be a thing of the past.

Let's start drilling that hole now!

The earth diameter is 7,918 miles (12742 km) You'd have to fall roughly 10 times faster than sound to make that distance in 1 hour. (or am I missing something here)

Â