Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Reckon this could be a major factor in any decision:

"Villa may also find Ancelotti's wage demands could be a stumbling block after reportedly earning around £5million last season at Chelsea."

Hope he doesn't expect us to any where near match that.

Why ?

You haven't got to pay it.

Thats just it the paying customer, if you go to the games, does.

Although If Ancelotti is appointed manager I'll forgive the price rise this time round for the ST.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Villa may also find Ancelotti's wage demands could be a stumbling block after reportedly earning around £5million last season at Chelsea."

If he's picking up another two seasons' worth of wages from Chelsea - don't forget when you sack somebody you have to pay up the full terms of the contract - he would technically still be earning £5m a year even if we paid him nothing.

Admittedly, money talks in this game and I'm sure he will be expecting a high salary but he may be more flexible than simply holding out for the same money he was being paid by Abramovich.

Why ?

You haven't got to pay it.

and he was on a 9 million 3 year contract. 2 million no doubt was made up of bonuses by winning the league and the cup

im sure randy would happily pay such a bonus to him if he brought that sort of success

GH was on 2.5 million per year so not much difference,

.5 million per year

If we get Ancelotti & Wilkins we will be in the Champions League within 2 years

Its utter nonsense like this that gives Villa fans the fickle reputation we have.

How is it nonsense, if it's nonsense then they won't come here, simple as.

Because its shows Villa fans up as completely deluded! Get real will you. :?

IF they would be willing to join us then i doubt they would unless they thought we could get in the Champions League, they aren't going to come here to play around in the midtable. Stop being so negative and depressing.

Negative and depressing? Is realistic / not getting carried away perhaps more appropriate? There are other posters wanting Keegan as manager, given Steve McLaren Brummie accents and questioning the merits of GMAC being our new Gaffer, is everone negative and depressing. No, theyre not, more open minded or humorous i think.

I could quite easily come back with "stop being so insanely optimistic / deluded" at your Champions League claim, but I wont.

This thread shows how utterly mad many of our supporters are. Some ridiculous posts in here, lunacy.

You're just sad cos you lost money on Hughes being the next manager. I thought it was suppose to be easy money? :lol:

- don't forget when you sack somebody you have to pay up the full terms of the contract

Don't forget the earth orbits the moon.

I did Fanzone once and met Ray Wilkins, I have to say he was an absolute gent, there were some right bell ends there (Charlie Nicholas, Merson, Spackman, Le Tiss) and Wilkins stood out as an intelligent and quality bloke. Not surprised he's turned in to such a respected coach.