The MLS Thread

ClaretMahoney

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was watching the Seattle sounders v Chicago fire on btsports earlier And was really surprised by the quality of football played, the Seattle crowd created a really good atmos, still can't get my heads round the commentary though

"PK to Seattle to tie the game 1 & 1"

• 1 month later...

Enzo is on loan at nasl Carolina rail hawks me killing it, real salt lake hasn't worked out for him, and his contract fate will be decided soon.

His brother Alex has a chance at getting drafted and is a senior at nc state.

• 1 month later...

La Galaxy have an older left back who had a mediocre year, but I doubt LA would spend a DP spot on a left back. I wonder how long till the MLS just allows their clubs to do what the rest of the world has been doing for years, spending millions until a few teams dominate the league. 

I am sure quite a few MLS clubs not named LA or New York would love to have financial freedom. A lot of MLS clubs don't spend massive amounts on players like LA and New York do because those clubs take the bigger name players. Clubs like Kansas, Philidelphia, Houston, etc would certainly be making more purchases if they didn't have to worry about fitting the league's wage limit. I am having trouble putting it into words, but I believe not having a cap on spending would actually benefit the league. They'd be able to bring in many more players improving the quality of the league and it'd probably bring in more fans. 

• 1 month later...

Alex made the combine and has played 2 out of his 3 combine games so far, last game is tomorrow, tight now in order of interest he says these teams have asked to meet with him and his agent:

San Jose

Seattle

Montreal

Columbus

Toronto

Real Salt Lake

mock drafts have him going anywhere between 1st and last pick in 2nd rd, so well see!

His brother is in Uruguay trying out for 2 teams after being released by RSL

Draft is in philly on thursday, i shall be there.

Jermaine Defoe and Michael Bradley to Toronto...

This is a big deal for Toronto. The promo add was great. Londoners reading papers, watching the news, then spitting out the beer or tea in shock upon hearing the news. Pretty funny.

They have a great fan base here, the home games are electric, considering it's a hockey mad town.

They seem to be spending some money now, so waiting to see. Wish I could say the same about my home club. (Born Aston, moved to Canada)

We have great coverage of the prem. So I have a great view of both worlds.

Cheers

Â