The MLS Thread

ClaretMahoney

They have had to put an entire club together yet alone a first 11 but I would have expected them to start to get their shit together by now.

It was always going to be a bad move for Lampard. He should have gone to an established franchise.....an established team.

Is that the biggest defeat in the long and illustrious history of the Abu Dhabi United Group's  North American division?

Not a bad attendance, no doubt most of the plastic words removed will be wearing NYRB shirts again by Monday morning.

Former Burnley, Bolton and Wigan boss Owen Coyle has left his role as manager of Major League Soccer side Houston Dynamo by mutual consent.

The decision was taken with the 49-year-old wanting to be closer to his family in England.

Coyle joined in December 2014 on a three-year deal but his side have struggled under his tenure.

They did not make the play-offs last year and are currently bottom of the Western Conference.

"I asked [club president] Chris [Canetti] if I could speak with him and I explained the challenge of being away from my family," Coyle told the club website.

"I'd like to thank the Dynamo supporters, who have been outstanding. We have a brilliant club, and I have no doubt success is just around the corner."

He is terrible.

11 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Apparently Coyle had been living in a hotel for the past 2 years. How in the world could he not have gotten a home? There are tons of great homes right by Houston's stadium.

For cheap also!

He could even have afforded the Memorial area, Woodlands, Katy area without a problem!

57 minutes ago, villakram said:

Moyes pulled the same crap w/ Sociedad. Some people are simply rubbish at living abroad.

For 2 years??

Maybe a good way to integrate yourself into a nation is to have a home...Coming to a hotel after training or a match surely wouldn't make you feel "at home".

50 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

For 2 years??

Maybe a good way to integrate yourself into a nation is to have a home...Coming to a hotel after training or a match surely wouldn't make you feel "at home".

Exactly; however, depending on the hotel, the entertainment options at the bar might be interesting...

15 hours ago, villakram said:

Exactly; however, depending on the hotel, the entertainment options at the bar might be interesting...

The only hotel I would stay at for a long extended period of time for entertainment purposes would be the Fontainebleau Miami, or any of the top hotels in Las Vegas.

Houston one's not so much...

Â