The MLS Thread

ClaretMahoney

My opinion watching Gio is the same as when he signed. What the flying **** is he doing in the MLS. If his legs had gone fair enough, he isn't even 30! Has there ever been a player so above the standard of a league in this generation?

Messi and Ronaldo ;)

great control, questionable goalkeeping

Saw that and thought that earlier. What is the keper doing out there when there is still a defender to beat?

To be fair, it's an exquisite touch from keane.

6 inches more on that forward ball and the keeper as made a great decision. He's been made to look silly, but I don't think it's as bad a decision as it first appears. 

• 3 months later...

Gerrard is so shite. He was alright for LA before Dos Santos came in and Gerrard was moved to CM. Previously LA had Gerrard behind Keane and it was working pretty well, but then he was moved back to midfield and he looks like N'zogbia. He walks all around the pitch, misplaces passes left and right, doesn't provide any support for the defense, and constantly plays so high up the pitch. LA went from the dominate team in the league, to losing 5 out of their 6 when Gerrard was put in the midfield. Ridiculous. 

• 6 months later...

So on Saturday I'm going to the 1st New York 'derby' :rolleyes: I've been to see the Red Bulls before but it's such a pain the a*se to get to their stadium in New Jersey but Yankee stadium is a 20min subway ride from my apartment. 

I am conflicted however and not sure how to feel about going to see NYCFC. Seeing a football match 20 mins away is exciting and I would like to see Pirlo play in the flesh. But the NYCFC / Man Ci$y abomination team is a form of the cancer thats been killing football for years. Are we now going to be a similar cancer under the Doc?

On 10/28/2015 at 04:23, Czechlad said:

Gerrard is so shite. He was alright for LA before Dos Santos came in and Gerrard was moved to CM. Previously LA had Gerrard behind Keane and it was working pretty well, but then he was moved back to midfield and he looks like N'zogbia. He walks all around the pitch, misplaces passes left and right, doesn't provide any support for the defense, and constantly plays so high up the pitch. LA went from the dominate team in the league, to losing 5 out of their 6 when Gerrard was put in the midfield. Ridiculous. 

in fairness that sounds like Gerrard at Liverpool in last 3 seasons. couple penos, a spectacular goal and some Hollywood passes will dampen to believe he a superstar

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

So on Saturday I'm going to the 1st New York 'derby' :rolleyes: I've been to see the Red Bulls before but it's such a pain the a*se to get to their stadium in New Jersey but Yankee stadium is a 20min subway ride from my apartment. 

I am conflicted however and not sure how to feel about going to see NYCFC. Seeing a football match 20 mins away is exciting and I would like to see Pirlo play in the flesh. But the NYCFC / Man Ci$y abomination team is a form of the cancer thats been killing football for years. Are we now going to be a similar cancer under the Doc?

I went last year and thought the atmosphere was brilliant. Though it really hit home how awful the standard of football is. Watching NYCFC looking lost with how to cope with Bradley Wright-Phillips was bizarre.

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

in fairness that sounds like Gerrard at Liverpool in last 3 seasons. couple penos, a spectacular goal and some Hollywood passes will dampen to believe he a superstar

Funny that I wrote that over 6 months ago, and very little has changed. He has adjusted a little more, but still jogs around the pitch, and gives the ball away a lot. He is basically what Bannan was for us. 

I'm at the NYCFC vs NY Red Bulls game.

3-0 at halftime to the Red Bulls lol. They look so much more organized that the Ci$y lot. Pirlo though just plays the most beautiful passes without even looking. It's like magic. 

Â