Dating Websites

PieFacE

Just wondering on what the general views on Dating websites are, and have you used any? Any success or a complete waste of time?

Reason i'm asking is, i'm not a particularly unsociable person, I go out a couple of times a week and always have a good time. But I never seem to find myself in a situation where i'm "chatting" up someone, or never seem to have someone "chatting" up me (maybe girls dont like pies :winkold: ) or I just miss the signs or whatever....

So was considering going on a dating website, though, for whatever reason it does feel wrong... though, i'm not too sure why, we are in 2011 after all.

So do you have any views or experiences with dating websites?

Either they are total scams sites, or the women that are on there are damaged in one way or another....best policy is always get to know someone on your own, don't pay some middle man....the world kept spinning before dating websites...

Just wondering on what the general views on Dating websites are, and have you used any? Any success or a complete waste of time?

Reason i'm asking is, i'm not a particularly unsociable person, I go out a couple of times a week and always have a good time. But I never seem to find myself in a situation where i'm "chatting" up someone, or never seem to have someone "chatting" up me (maybe girls dont like pies :winkold: ) or I just miss the signs or whatever....

So was considering going on a dating website, though, for whatever reason it does feel wrong... though, i'm not too sure why, we are in 2011 after all.

Either they are total scams sites, or the women that are on there are damaged in one way or another....best policy is always get to know someone on your own, don't pay some middle man....the world kept spinning before dating websites...

What a sad, sad opinion.

Agreed. They're not for everyone, but saying the women on them are damaged goods is ridiculous.

My best mate's old housemate (female) has just joined a couple and anyone on here would be ecstatic to find her on a dating website. In no way damaged (in fact she's a top girl and pretty hot) and just curious about internet dating.

met my mrs on pof a year ago, thursday we pick up the keys to our first house together.

Well done pal. I met my mrs on there too. Had you both been on their long? The common logic I heard was that the longer you had been on the less normal you were!!! Mr and my mrs were only on for a few weeks!

What a sad, sad opinion.

Indeed, utter shite!

met my mrs on pof a year ago, thursday we pick up the keys to our first house together.

Well done pal. I met my mrs on there too. Had you both been on their long? The common logic I heard was that the longer you had been on the less normal you were!!! Mr and my mrs were only on for a few weeks!

Nice one. I was on there about 3 months and was on the verge of deleting my account when my mrs popped up and i messaged her. She was on a few weeks and was sick of the hundreds of weirdos.

I went on a few dates before her though and although those girls wernt for me they will make someone happy, they were defo not damaged or freaks.

Seems to be common as my missus was only on there a few days and had freaks messaging her

I'm always looking at joining a few dating sites and seeing where it leads me. Problem is, I'm always telling myself that I'll do it once I shed a few pounds :(

Just a tip from a handsome guy with a lil bit of timber..........It doesn't matter.

If you just looking for sex then go and get yourself toned and ripped. A lot of girls who are looking for a relationship skip past the muscley guy as they think they are vain and are not "boyfriend material". Women are far more responsive to personality, unless you look like Jabba the Hut (if so ignore this post).

My advice would be just do it. You can change your picture at any time.

I'm not obese, far from it

I've heard that somewhere.....oh right, my colleague.

He has a BMI of 31 and yet he frequently talks about how others are fat and even makes fun of them from time to time. The others give him a pass most of the time though, because.....

Nevermind :lol:

I'm always looking at joining a few dating sites and seeing where it leads me. Problem is, I'm always telling myself that I'll do it once I shed a few pounds :(

Just a tip from a handsome guy with a lil bit of timber..........It doesn't matter.

If you just looking for sex then go and get yourself toned and ripped. A lot of girls who are looking for a relationship skip past the muscley guy as they think they are vain and are not "boyfriend material". Women are far more responsive to personality, unless you look like Jabba the Hut (if so ignore this post).

My advice would be just do it. You can change your picture at any time.

This! I carry timber but make sure i tock the "few extra pounds" on the profile, I also have one of the picture with me as I am so there are no shocks on a first date, I have been on a few first dates where the women were bigger than picture and they just didnt get it that someone has to like you as you are. I mean I was doing it in my late 30's and early 40's and being realistic are all women that age size 10? In fact a lot of women have some timber but are sexy with it so would be shallow if basing love on size.

Trust me! the women who click on Mr Bare chest kissing a car are best avoided anyway.

Would you still be happy after losing a few pounds? NOt sure but think you would mosy likely find another reason why not to sign up, my mate is scared but its goine from losing weight to decorating the house on the excuse list.

Dont fall into just going for the skinny birds

Get signed up, there are plenty on here who can advise, gees! there are a lot more members on here who met online than are being open mentioning no names!!! :lol:

I say again, just go to Flares on a Friday night

The place is full of women off dating sites so you can see, touch, feel & test drive the goods rather than weeks of texts/BBM's and boring phone calls

Â