Dating Websites

PieFacE

Just wondering on what the general views on Dating websites are, and have you used any? Any success or a complete waste of time?

Reason i'm asking is, i'm not a particularly unsociable person, I go out a couple of times a week and always have a good time. But I never seem to find myself in a situation where i'm "chatting" up someone, or never seem to have someone "chatting" up me (maybe girls dont like pies :winkold: ) or I just miss the signs or whatever....

So was considering going on a dating website, though, for whatever reason it does feel wrong... though, i'm not too sure why, we are in 2011 after all.

So do you have any views or experiences with dating websites?

Steer well clear.

Know someone who has been a member of one of these sites for about 2 years and had 100 dates dont think he's ever met a woman who was normal full of psychopaths

I've never used one. I'm only young and I think they're stereotypically used by older people.

If I was lonely or finding myself in situations like you describe pieface, I don't think I'd be opposed to using one. Though I probably would be embarrassed to mention it to real life mates.

Met my mrs on a dating site over two years ago and I'm in the best relationship I've had in my life. I also know people that have met and married through them.

Dating sites give you the opportunity to get chatting to people before you meet them, which I find good. You will know if you are compatible with someone if you spend a bit of MSN time chatting with them prior to meeting them.

I don't like trying to meet people in noisy bars or especially shitty pubs/clubs though.

Nothing wrong with it. No embarrasment at all IMO. If you pick the right website then it can work well. Don't use e-harmony - it's shite.

Met my mrs on a dating site over two years ago and I'm in the best relationship I've had in my life. I also know people that have met and married through them.

Dating sites give you the opportunity to get chatting to people before you meet them, which I find good. You will know if you are compatible with someone if you spend a bit of MSN time chatting with them prior to meeting them.

I don't like trying to meet people in noisy bars or especially shitty pubs/clubs though.

Thanks for all your replies!

As you've had some success with the site, thought i'd ask which one did you use?

Try speed dating mate.

Sounds weird but I went to one at the start of the year. I only went because I was invited by a hot girl to go as her "friend" and I wanted to get into her pants.

Anyway, it ended up being really fun. The girls there were way way hotter than I thought they would be, and the blokes were all weirdos so it made me look good!

Ended up with 3 numbers and ended up in the original girl's pants (eventually) so it all worked out!

Steer well clear.

Know someone who has been a member of one of these sites for about 2 years and had 100 dates dont think he's ever met a woman who was normal full of psychopaths

So you are saying they are full of pretty typical women then?

It's one of those things that I'd never do, and I'm shite at pulling (and relationships generally - apparently I don't put in the effort), I've actually 'been pulled' more than I've pulled.

I dunno why, it just doesn't quite sit right. I see those E-Harmony ads and cringe a little. I can see the point and understand that theres a lot of people out there that they suit down to the ground for one reason or another, but no, not for me.

It's one of those things that I'd never do, and I'm shite at pulling (and relationships generally - apparently I don't put in the effort), I've actually 'been pulled' more than I've pulled.

I dunno why, it just doesn't quite sit right. I see those E-Harmony ads and cringe a little. I can see the point and understand that theres a lot of people out there that they suit down to the ground for one reason or another, but no, not for me.

Forget about match making, try a site which is more like networking than shopping/auditioning. Getting chatting to people without the pressure is no different to making conversation with people in any other internet situation.

It's a lot better than trying to chat to miscellaneous women in noisy pubs, and you can find out a bit about them before you make your move.

Woah. Plenty of Fish works?

I thought you had to pay for parts of it too?

FWIW, I can see why people would use these sites and it is pretty interesting but I'm not sure I could ever seriously use one and i definitely wouldnt go about paying for one.

Nah, sorry mate, not for me. Like I say it just doesn't quite sit right with me somehow, but I get why other people might do it.

Plus at this moment in time I'm quite ok being single.

Woah. Plenty of Fish works?

I thought you had to pay for parts of it too?

iv never paid a penny and as i said im upto 4

im actually chattin to a really nice girl at the mo, added her on facebook lastnight so our chatting has moved over to there. Shes really nice and my type. Im guna ask her out for drinks this weekend

Â