Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Why would the sale of Bent indicate he is selling the club?

Do try and keep up.

Reducing the debt - to make the club more saleable.

Oooh I see, I guess we just need to sit around and wait for somebody with £200 million to buy us and a couple more hundred to invest.

Go put the kettle on dear, I think we may be waiting some time.

I think at this early stage that it is difficult to see just who would actually come in and pay what we paid for Bent last season. I think the theories about why Lerner would definitely sell for what ever was in front of him are bogus arguments suited to a certain tin foil hat theory.

There is no option for brinkmanship by Bent, not in a competition year and with 3.5 years left on a massive deal. There is alos, at this stage, no indication that he wants out.

Its also difficult to believe that Liverpool would write off a £35 million kid in Caroll after just 12 months.

Its amazing what few paragraphs on the internet can do to whip up interest and feed off of board users fears and prejudices.

The goals arent coming with Bent, is the point.

5 in 14 is now classified as 'not scoring' ???

Well he's scored as many as Suarez (in less games) and missed less than him too. And which team has the better service to their forwards ?

Stop talking nonsense General

I didn't think there would be anyone who would be happy with bent being sold.

Woodytom you must have one giant sized randy lerner statue in your house.

Not about being happy. Its about being realistic. If a bigger club (and there are plenty of them) come in for him then hes going, end of.

And there are both positives and negatives of that. Il choose to look at the positives.

what if that ' bigger ' club was qpr

Id actually prefer for him to go to QPR than Plop.

The goals arent coming with Bent, is the point.

5 in 14 is now classified as 'not scoring' ???

Well he's scored as many as Suarez (in less games) and missed less than him too. And which team has the better service to their forwards ?

Stop talking nonsense General

What the **** has Luis Suarez got to do with it?

I didn't think there would be anyone who would be happy with bent being sold.

Woodytom you must have one giant sized randy lerner statue in your house.

Not about being happy. Its about being realistic. If a bigger club (and there are plenty of them) come in for him then hes going, end of.

And there are both positives and negatives of that. Il choose to look at the positives.

what if that ' bigger ' club was qpr

Then Bent would be talking shit like Barton was.

I'm afraid it would be the club talking shit and not bent

I have a sneaking suspician that if we are to sell Bent then at the present time he might very well go to Liverpool.

Liverpool are creating loads of chances but don't have the poacher to finish them off. Liverpool play the type of game to suit Bent and have a striker on their books at the moment who doesn't, or cannot fit into their way of playing.

I just wonder if Kenny came in for Bent could we then agree to sell on the basis that Carrol comes to us for the rest of the season with a view to buy?

Caroll would be the target man we are badly missing if AM wants to play hoofball?

Wouldn't want Carrol anywhere near this club for three reasons:

1. It would not be a view to a perm deal as they will not be getting rid of him just one year after buying him for 35M. The loss would not be acceptable for them at this stage. So I would not want him getting game time with us to possibly improve and go back there a better player. If he didn't improve why would we want him anyway

2. After the part he played in Downing going to plop I honestly hope he rots as a footballer now

3. He is shite

I don't dislike Liverpool but to come on here and try to justify shite purchases like Adam, Henderson, Carroll & Downing by claiming you can't buy CL standard players yet is laughable.

You bought Suarez for **** sake, he should be playing at a much better club than Liverpool. (I did not say bigger club as it is clear Liverpool are still a massive club in European football).

But to spunk nearly £85m on 4 average PL players is ludicrous. If Commolli can convince the owners to get Suarez & Enrique (who I also think is CL standard) surely there are better players you can get for £85m.

If Bent goes to you then fair enough. Just expect him to jump ship again the next time a CL club comes calling.

Commolli will be shown the door at season's end, you can bank on that.

So if we are selling our record signing who gave us so much hope last year because as expected, he doesn't fit in with the new manager's anti-football philosophy - it makes this appointment even more ridiculous.

Whether the appointment of mcLiesh was a ridiculous one or not, it was none the less the decision the board reached. Alex mcleish IS the manager of Aston villa, he isnt going anywhere anytime soon and so the football club sinks or swims with him, so personally I'm all for him being successful, which means him being given the tools HE wants, not the tools i want him to have.

If bent isnt right for him, then we stand a better chance without him. As i said, i wish it was different, but wishes dont mean jack.

2. After the part he played in Downing going to plop I honestly hope he rots as a footballer now

3. He is shite

did you not see him vs Villa last season? also he had no part in Downing going Liverpool he didnt go to Dalgish or John Henry and say i want Donwing here

So if we are selling our record signing who gave us so much hope last year because as expected, he doesn't fit in with the new manager's anti-football philosophy - it makes this appointment even more ridiculous.

Whether the appointment of mcLiesh was a ridiculous one or not, it was none the less the decision the board reached. Alex mcleish IS the manager of Aston villa, he isnt going anywhere anytime soon and so the football club sinks or swims with him, so personally I'm all for him being successful, which means him being given the tools HE wants, not the tools i want him to have.

If bent isnt right for him, then we stand a better chance without him. As i said, i wish it was different, but wishes dont mean jack.

Sorry PB but should we have demonstrated such passive acceptance of , for example, Ellis being Chairman. Should we have just said then that he was the man running the club and was not going anywhere anytime soon? That the club would sink or swim with him and that he should hope he would be successful? Or perhaps when Mcneill became manager we should have accepted that, or during the reign of Odreary perhaps we should have just sat back and accepted that as well?

3. He is shite

did you not see him vs Villa last season?

One game FFS, how shite were we that day? Has he done that to many teams since? He is shite

also he had no part in Downing going Liverpool he didnt go to Dalgish or John Henry and say i want Donwing here

There is more to playing a part than that, as I suspect you know (or should do). Do you not think that he spoke to Downing at all and turned his head ? Of course that is unknown.

I don't understand this line of thinking. When given time and a chance to build his own squad with SHA, McLeish failed miserably. Why should we give him that chance here? I for one don't want to see him given the tools he wants, because that'll only help him destroy us further.

There is more to playing a part than that, as I suspect you know (or should do). Do you not think that he spoke to Downing at all and turned his head ? Of course that is unknown.

so if i see friends on holiday i ask them to they have jobs in their company, and what conditions are like dont see the problem

Â