Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Jenas, Delph, Petrov. Gabby, Zog, Heskey.

Midfield, attack. It's a loss but the way Gabby has been playing, he can be just as dangerous in this form.

Just out of interest, why would you start Jenas ahead of Bannan or Ireland? I personally think one of those deserves a chance in the first team after the Hereford match.

I wouldn't given anyone a game based on a game against Hereford to be honest. It's Hereford ... I didn't think either played that well. Bannan was decent, Ireland ok but considering we played Hereford, hardly mind blowing.

Also with Zog, Heskey, Gabby etc...think Jenas would be more suited to a box to box role, getting up and down. I imagine we'll be pretty direct if we play so having someone more competitive in the centre would help us more rather than having a Bannan who I think would struggle to really make much of an impact vs a team like Everton.

I'm probably with you. An away game at Everton will potentially not be pretty. I might prefer to go with a CM of:

----------- Clark/Herd ------------

---------------- Delph -------------

--------- Petrov/Jenas ------------

To give us an extra big man to defend against their main threat - set pieces - with Felaini and Cahill. This would give us the two CBs, herd/clark and Heskey to defend the aerial threat.

• 2 weeks later...

While Bent wasnt fit last game, we really need him to find his form asap. Granted we havent given him many chances but we sure as hell need his goals. Ironically most people thought that the Zog and he would be the stars of our season yet both have been mostly anonymous.

While Bent wasnt fit last game, we really need him to find his form asap. Granted we havent given him many chances but we sure as hell need his goals. Ironically most people thought that the Zog and he would be the stars of our season yet both have been mostly anonymous.

I wonder what both of them would be like up top together?

Probably shit :lol:

I wonder what both of them would be like up top together?

Probably shit :lol:

The Zog and Rodallega looked ok up top together when they came to VP last season from memory.

If Bent isn't 100% he needs to be left out, and give Fonz a run

Lets face it, Bent was crap last week and missed an absolute sitter

i agree but it'll never happen

You'd leave out the best striker in the world?

:D i thought you'd pop up! he said if he isn't 100%, delfouneso would've buried that chance

:D i thought you'd pop up! he said if he isn't 100%, delfouneso would've buried that chance

I'm still wondering if Rooney is average after his two hat tricks in a row and 8 in 4 start from deeper striker position. :winkold:

but any who, if Bent wasn't fit, I'd put Gabby up top, think Gabby looks in fine form at the moment. Would play Delfouneso above Heskey in the position we use a striker in though.

I'm still wondering if Rooney is average after his two hat tricks in a row and 8 in 4 start from deeper striker position. :winkold:

but any who, if Bent wasn't fit, I'd put Gabby up top, think Gabby looks in fine form at the moment. Would play Delfouneso above Heskey in the position we use a striker in though.

agree with 2nd part certainly

Anyone notice how the injuries are starting to creep up and how limited in quality options we are. Heskey, Bent, Cuellar all injured, Given just looks a matter of time, who next ?

Which is precisely the reason why we could be relegation candidates come christmas with that tough run of fixtures all it takes is a few injuries to key players like last season if anything were alot weaker this time round

Our squad simply isn't good enough and im sorry the buck has to stop with the board as they did not back the manager

They can dress it up all they want with their hollow PR but the squad really is in a shocking state investment was needed we will need additions in january thats for certain.

Anyone notice how the injuries are starting to creep up and how limited in quality options we are. Heskey, Bent, Cuellar all injured, Given just looks a matter of time, who next ?

Err no

Heskey is injured and a lot of people dont want him playing.

Cuellar has been out for ages and never gets a kick anyway

Bent has a niggle but its likely he'll play and even if he doesnt Gabby is in good form.

Given isnt injured.

But yeah who next? Nothing like trying to make a point about nothing to create a negative vibe.

Which is precisely the reason why we could be relegation candidates come christmas with that tough run of fixtures all it takes is a few injuries to key players like last season if anything were alot weaker this time round

Our squad simply isn't good enough and im sorry the buck has to stop with the board as they did not back the manager

They can dress it up all they want with their hollow PR but the squad really is in a shocking state investment was needed we will need additions in january thats for certain.

Lol, relegation candidates by Christmas. Yeah ok. :lol:

Â