Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Just read Oliver Holt's article on the Darren Bent signing (was done in Jan but just read finished reading it as I only just noticed it) embarassing is the word that comes to mind.. he was so bitter about the whole signing, still loves MON i guess.
To be fair he wasn't the only bitter one. Most people in the media (and other fans) it seemed had a problem with the transfer. Nice to see Dazza silenced them all.

To be fair he wasn't the only bitter one. Most people in the media (and other fans) it seemed had a problem with the transfer. Nice to see Dazza silenced them all.

But you just have to read Holt calling Randy "slow" Lerner to see just how bitter the word removed is about Villa. Bent was just an easy opportunity to have a poke at the club.

Love that presumably sunderland fans comment below though "Villa can be classed as a bigger club than Sunderland. . . Of course you'd have to ignore (i) crowd size, (ii) stadium, (iii) training facilities and (iv) league position."

We have them on all the above, am i wrong?

Love that presumably sunderland fans comment below though "Villa can be classed as a bigger club than Sunderland. . . Of course you'd have to ignore (i) crowd size, (ii) stadium, (iii) training facilities and (iv) league position."

They have bigger crowds and a bigger stadium.

But we have a better stadium, and yes, much better training facilities and league position.

Not to mention honours.

They win on attendance and stadium (in capacity terms), and they could still finish above us, but tbh I think a lot of their jealous lover indignation was based on the mistaken presumption that they'd already qualified for the Europa League in January and Bent was crazy for wanting to leave them - I can't imagine that if they now finish above us by a place they'll be bothered to relentlessly taunt DB over the extra £300,000-or-whatever prize money SAFC would get

We should forgive the Sunderland fans though, they were shocked, it was the heat of the moment, their grief came out in strange ways

Like us* when we waved fake money at Gareth Barry for making the 100% correct prediction that Man City had a better chance of getting Champions League football than Liverpool

*not me

no idea of their training facilities but they have a bigger ground, not sure its better...

None of these things make up your "bigger" club stature IMO. Having the fan base of which is only a proportion of southern scotland is nothing like having a proportion of the midlands either :P

I wouldn't call it heat of the moment. A few I know were hoping we'd get battered every week, some even wanted their local rivals to beat us :shock:

I'm sure it will be forgotten though, only two years ago they were our number one fans :lol:

Arguing about what club is bigger than other clubs is a bag of [unfunny word filter interjection excised], but I thought Sunderland fans were a bit too quick to class Villa as a step down just because we were having a shit season; it's not like they've finished above us recently, and the way things were in January it's a pretty big achievement that they're still not guaranteed to finish above us now. All hail Steve Bruce I guess

I wouldn't call it heat of the moment. A few I know were hoping we'd get battered every week, some even wanted their local rivals to beat us :shock:

I'm sure it will be forgotten though, only two years ago they were our number one fans :lol:

Yeah, it happens - like when you try to be all Two Proper Clubs Mutual Respect with Everton and then you beat them 3-2 in stoppage time and the toys come out the pram like whoah

They might have us on crowd size but stadium no way just because its newer and therefore bigger, way more history and tradition in ours. Just because we were having a shit season and they were overachieving they seemed to think they were a top 6 side (lmao). Cant be bothered with the whos clubs bigger thing really because every fan thinks their club is huge obviously i just found it funny that they were such a huge club and we were suddenly small even though we've finished above them for how many seasons now? Meh we bought one of your players get over it already.

You could almost have a case to sue Holt for that article its so rediculous. Makes him look like a big child thought tbh. Sunderland have better training facilities than us? In their dream, no one in the league has better facilities than us, they might be on a par but they won't be better.

Â