New kits

villa4europe

Nice shirt that, very nice and I'm sure their fans will be delighted with the return to the old badge.

Its impossible to look at that shirt and not think back to the old Liverpool of the late 1980's, which should be ideal for their fans who all live in the past.

Not nice at all, the yellow is hideous

The classic Liverpool kits were red with white trims

they had yellow badges and/or trim from 1976-87, easily the most successful period in their history.

I was about to say the same thing. Maybe its because I started getting into football at about that time (although 85/86 is the first season I can really remember and they changed to white that year) but to me the "classic" Liverpool kit is the red with yellow trim.

I'm warming to the 96 thing on the back too. It's been pointed out that the torches on the "old" badge (1992-2012) were representative of the Hillsborough memorial and moving them to the back of the shirt enables them to have the classic badge back, which is fair enough I think. I really do like the kit though.

they had yellow badges and/or trim from 1976-87, easily the most successful period in their history.

No, the trim was generally white, as was the sponsor lettering

Candy

Crown Paints

Hitachi

All white and white trim for example

Bayer04.jpg
Leverkusen have had some really dull kits for a good long while now.

Long may it continue. :)

Dunno what it is about Leverkusen but they have always bored the arse off me. Even when they had Ballack and got to champs lge final they seemed to be boring.

Bit like Villa :D

No, the trim was generally white, as was the sponsor lettering

Candy

Crown Paints

Hitachi

All white and white trim for example

As I said, they had yellow badges and/or trim from 1976-87

The Candy kits aren't in the period I mentioned.

The Hitachi kits all had yellow badges

The crown paints kits all had yellow badges, and some of them also had yellow trim.

Granted the sponsor wasn't yellow. But then again I didn't say anything about the sponsors.

Apparently that says "96" on the back. They are getting very close to the line where a tribute to the dead becomes a marketing gimmick, arent they?
Pretty much, though heaven forfend anybody try to point that out.

A quick scout on RAWK and yup.. they love it.

"understated, classy and respectful"

:puke:

Apparently that says "96" on the back. They are getting very close to the line where a tribute to the dead becomes a marketing gimmick, arent they?
Pretty much, though heaven forfend anybody try to point that out.

A quick scout on RAWK and yup.. they love it.

"understated, classy and respectful"

:puke:

The more I look at the kit the more I agree with them actually. Maybe I am getting soft in my old age.

Like I say trims generally white

Candy is 80s so not sure what you're on about

This is a ridiculous debate by the way, but anyway

Candy was from 1988 onwards. I was on about the 11 years previous to that, as I clearly specified. Twice.

The point was, you suggested "classic" (whatever that means) Liverpool kits had only ever had white trim, in relation to their new kit having yellow badges and sponsor.

I pointed out that whilst throughout their entire history you are correct they generally did just have white trim, they DID have EITHER yellow trim OR yellow badges OR both for a consecutive 11 years, during which time they won:

8 league titles

1 FA cup

4 league cups

and 4 European cups

Making it EASILY their most successful period in their history.

So to suggest that their new kit is crap because none of their classic kits have had yellow "trim", when in fact they had some form of yellow trim when they won an absolutely enormous haul of trophies during their most successful era, is basically just plain wrong.

Here's a link by the way to see for yourself.

to me it screams

"who the **** are warrior?"

"who cares, they stuck 96 on the back"

"oh well thats our best kit ever then"

The Warrior thing is a creative sponsorship deal much like Ethiad is for Manchester City to get around financial fair play isnt it? Dont the guys who own New Balance, of which Warrior is a subsidiary have strong links with John W Henry? While it isnt exactly getting your brother in law to give you £400m for a billboard, its not a million miles away.

yeah its a huge deal, 2nd in the world to only nike/barca i think

but take a look at the opinion of macron in the villa kit thread, the money they are paying doesnt seem to matter in comparison to the design of sheffield utds tracksuits, it might have been something the club asked for, or warrior have done some market research and found a way to win over the doubters