Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Hughes was not great at Man City...His signings are pretty poor..Is he a special one that can take Villa forward,or just your run of mill stop gap to keep us "the best of the rest"?

Lescott

Bridge

SWP

Santa Cruz

All very expensive signings yet give very little..A dose of the MON's maybe??

Not true at all. His signings are still the spine of the side, he signed kompany, de jong and tevez. Also zabaleta who has been a big part of the defense. Lets not forget barry either.

Also lescott has finally settled in. You'd have him at the villa in a heart
beat.

No we fookin would'nt!!!!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes was not great at Man City...His signings are pretty poor..Is he a special one that can take Villa forward,or just your run of mill stop gap to keep us "the best of the rest"?

Lescott

Bridge

SWP

Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz was only 3.5million - hardly expensive

Wright Phillips - sold to chelsea for 21 million and then biguth back for 8.5 million. Not bad if you ask me.

wayne Bridge - 10million for Englands 2nd best left back at the time

Lescott.....no comment :winkold:

but don't forgot signings like GTevez, Kompany adn de Jong who have been superb!

Lescott

Bridge

SWP

Santa Cruz

Wright Phillips - sold to chelsea for 21 million and then biguth back for 8.5 million. Not bad if you ask me.

but don't forgot signings like GTevez, Kompany adn de Jong who have been superb!

I still never rated him as a "great" manager..To me he is your run of mill Prem manager..He wont take us down, he wont take us into the top 4...He may give us a good cup run and challenge the top 6..We should be looking to get a better manager that has good scouting,developing,building skills. Houllier would have been ideal for the summer and next season but his nfuture with us looks pretty unlikely..We need to go all o0ut and get one of; Moyes or Rijkaard..I feel both would add a bit more than Hughes.

Still voting for Simon Grayson. Doing a very steady job at Leeds with an arse of a chairman and no cash, and reliant on loan signings which are always going to be tricky to manage.

Time he stepped up to a bigger job, and especially like to see an old Villa Player in charge. And he is proven to be better than that ringpiece Mccallister - he took over from him at Leeds.

Alternatively, Lambert does appear to have something about him, as does Gus Poyet, doing sterling work at Brighton.

All preferable to some of the idiocy touted here including Benitez or a continuation of Houllier.

We need to go all o0ut and get one of; Moyes or Rijkaard..I feel both would add a bit more than Hughes.

Dont see the hype with frank. He won things a barca granted, with a wealth of funds and players. Anywhere else he's been in his short career he's been shit.

Lescott

Bridge

SWP

Santa Cruz

I still never rated him as a "great" manager..To me he is your run of mill Prem manager..He wont take us down, he wont take us into the top 4...He may give us a good cup run and challenge the top 6..We should be looking to get a better manager that has good scouting,developing,building skills. Houllier would have been ideal for the summer and next season but his nfuture with us looks pretty unlikely..We need to go all o0ut and get one of; Moyes or Rijkaard..I feel both would add a bit more than Hughes.

Hughes has never been given the chance to be a great manager. During his 4years at Blackburn he made them into a formidable team who were in Europe and in domestic cup finals. He just didn't have the funds to push on.

Whilst at when given the Man City role he was being headhunted by Vhelsea. He was only given a year and a half at city were he took them to European and domestice cup quarter and semi finals. He beat the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Barcelona! and was only sacked due a dispute with the Board and owners. He would have lead the team to success like Mancinni has, perhaps even more. ( Then again most people could do well at city with the money they have)

Give him 5 years and the right investment ad he will be a great manger with a great team.

Im thinking niether Moyes or Hughes would get us into the top 4. Are we looking for a future top 4, or are we looking to get back into top 6. If we are looking towards the future, we are gonna need the likes of, Ancellotti, Rikaard, klinsman, maybe Jol. But not standard Managers like Moyes or Hughes????

I dont believe its all about money to get top 4. We need a top top manager to develop Players we can afford. We can still get quality players without spending 50-100 million. Just needs a class manager get our team up with the best!!

can't see it though as he'll get offers from Roma etc

He wants to stay in England

This definite? If so, we should go all out. Just hope our current position doesn't put him off - he could do so much better than us. (it's true though!)

On SSN he's answered "why not?" when asked if he'd take the West Ham job, then he's gone on to say that the stadia are great in the championship..

If he'd consider West Ham then he'd definatly consider us!

Lescott

Bridge

SWP

Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz cost Blackburn 3.5 mill, but he cost City about 17 million.

All preferable to some of the idiocy touted here including Benitez or a continuation of Houllier.

Instead of the idiocy of wanting inexperienced championship managers to guide us back into the top 6 and challenging again?

Huge mistake IMO to go down that road.

Im thinking niether Moyes or Hughes would get us into the top 4. Are we looking for a future top 4, or are we looking to get back into top 6. quote]

Im afraid due to this horrible season we must be looking to reestablish ourselves in the top 6 again. Top 4 is along way off again now with Man city changing the game. I'm all fo being optimistic but we can't be 'over optimistic' when making such big decisions.

Im thinking niether Moyes or Hughes would get us into the top 4. Are we looking for a future top 4, or are we looking to get back into top 6.

Im afraid due to this horrible season we must be looking to reestablish ourselves in the top 6 again. Top 4 is along way off again now with Man city changing the game. I'm all fo being optimistic but we can't be 'over optimistic' when making such big decisions.

Yep it's one of those impossible appointments at the moment. We need to get back into the top 6 but at the same time need someone who could take us a little further.

Is there anyone out there or gettable who could do that?

Im thinking niether Moyes or Hughes would get us into the top 4. Are we looking for a future top 4, or are we looking to get back into top 6. quote]

Getting top 6 isnt that difficult..Look how Liverpool shot up the league with just a couple of changes..Its not that difficult to be better than Bolton,Fulham and Stoke etc..So dont worry about all this "re-establishing" ourselves.. Even after the dreadful seaon we have had we still managed to climb the table with a couple of decent results, this is a season with 4 differant managers and worst injury crisis ive ever known. Not to mention the press having a field day at trying to rip us appart.

Top 4 should be our aim next season..We should be looking to compete with Liverpool,Spurs and Arsenal for that final spot..(I would think Man City,Chelsea,Man United would take the top 3 and we couldnt match their financial muscle).. Getting the RIGHT manager could easily achive this, we have seen Spurs and Liverpool climb the table in a short space of time without spending much more than Lerner has dished out..

Skybet now have FSW at 1/6...very short odds. Very scary :shock:

Ive also noticed that things are very quiet regarding his future, other than his desire to stay in England.

I think its a strong a possibility he has already agreed to take over the reigns of another club, but is it us?

Ancelotti and wilkins would be great. Make it happen Randy!

In total agreement.

And to think some people on he are thinking Lambert, Poyet and even Grayson. Comon guys, your joking yeah. Sounds a bit desperate!

Skybet now have FSW at 1/6...very short odds. Very scary :shock:

Ive also noticed that things are very quiet regarding his future, other than his desire to stay in England.

I think its a strong a possibility he has already agreed to take over the reigns of another club, but is it us?

Why are most not in favour of FSW?