Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched a decent programme on johan Cruyff that was on a while ago that we had saved on the planner for ages... My god!! Why can't we have someone like that implementing their philosophy!! Absolutely awesome.

Just watched a decent programme on johan Cruyff that was on a while ago that we had saved on the planner for ages... My god!! Why can't we have someone like that implementing their philosophy!! Absolutely awesome.

This. We need a 'football' brain on the board. Houllier or Taylor spring to mind. We also need to bring the likes of Laursen etc back to the club in coaching roles.

Louis van Gaal would be your man then.

Speculation on Ancelotti is growing. If he gets the sack from Chelsea could be a good move. Guess he would be expensive though. But if he brought in Wilkins too, could be job done!

where is it growing?

Speculation on Ancelotti is growing. If he gets the sack from Chelsea could be a good move. Guess he would be expensive though. But if he brought in Wilkins too, could be job done!

Where is speculation about Ancelotti to Villa? This is the first I've seen of it...

I think we missed a trick by not going in for Steve Clarke when he was available. Wilkins would be a good choice though. I read that Steve Round is also very good. Perhaps Mr Round fancies coming to VP with his new friend, Mr Moyes!!

+1

Speculation is growing the Mourinho may leave - he might bring Hiddink and Clough with him.

If Ancelotti became free it would be silly to not try. (if Houllier did leave) ...

Would still prefer Cruyff! You never know he could be best buddies with Bouma and could be persuaded?

I want Bouma back as well :(

I wouldn't mind McClaren tbh. He has a Dutch title to his name with one of the smaller clubs, and also won League Cup and got to Uefa final with Boro (and look at them now). I know England was a disaster, and I don't know too much about his Wolfsburg reign, but he does have achievements on his CV. I would argue that he has won more than Moyes at 2 smaller clubs than Everton, yet everyone seemingly wants Moyes and wouldn't touch McClaren with a barge pole...

Good post.

Winning the Dutch title with FC Twente is much more impressive than Houllier winning the French league with Lyon, or Villa Boas winning the Portuguese league with Porto (though the manner in which he has is impressive) or Van Gall winning the league with Ajax, or Ancelotti/Capello winning the Italian league with Milan.

If you are at the biggest club/best team in the country, then it's to be expected that you win the league so it's not really that impressive in the grand scheme of things...

I'll give £20 to VT if we have anyone other than Houllier asvour Manager for the first PL game of next season, I just can't see him leaving - I know the club has to remain positive etc but everything I read tells me he will be in charge!

God I can't wait to be proven wrong!!

But almost relegated Wolfsberg doesnt get mentioned? Aswell as England not qualifying.

Of course it does.

But which is more impressive.

Van Gaal winning the Domestic Double with Bayern last season.

Or Allardyce getting Bolton promoted, established in the Premier League and qualifying for Europe for the first time in their history.

I would say the latter.