Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

I keep hearing more and more rumors about Moyes leaving everton and Randy contacting Moyes about coaching here. I hope these are all true. Moyes has been pretty bad with transfers but that also had to do with the limited funds at Everton. I think with Moyes we can once again be a top 6 team and potentially get into the top 4 eventually.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not because of some manager who won a couple of cups with Liverpool and winning the french league with Lyon doesn't count because my 9 year old son can do that on FM

Strange quote I must say.... :notsure:

1) Everton could do with the compensation

2) Moyes needs a new challenge

Thinking further about this, the handshake between Mr Lerner and Moyes was possibly more significant than seemed at the time.

The handshake was one out of recognition and familiarity, which suggested that they had met before. Any meeting would have been arranged with the agreement of the Everton board, so your point 1 and further comments about the size of Moyes' contract have a certain ring to them.

Talksport have just reported that Steve McClaren is going to be West Hams new manager, and he's bringing Evertons number two (can't remember his name?) in to be his number two, as they worked together at Boro.

Maybe Moyes is off somewhere?

DelboyVilla wrote:

Not because of some manager who won a couple of cups with Liverpool and winning the french league with Lyon doesn't count because my 9 year old son can do that on FM.

I've heard it all now

Does your 9 year old cheat?

It was a bit tongue in cheek and yes I have taught my 9 year old that winning is all that counts in life?? :D

Talksport have just reported that Steve McClaren is going to be West Hams new manager, and he's bringing Evertons number two (can't remember his name?) in to be his number two, as they worked together at Boro.

Does seem strange to leave Everton for Championship bound West Ham. Watch this space...

Everton's number 2 is Steve Round I think

What other sources do we have that Moyes could be linked with us then? Everton's number 2 has buggered off to West Ham; I was reading something about a handshake between Randy and Moyes earlier? Anything else?

I'd go for Jol if we looked to properly replace him now.

I wouldn't tocuh Van Gaal with a bargepole, everyone hates him in the end, because by most accounts he's a prick.

I also voted for M Jol.

Under Jol we would continue to play a passing game which GH has tried to instill into our present squad. Jol would also bring a better technical player to Villa Park so that we would continue on our journey to play a more continental style of football.

Jol has managed in the Premiership before so knows what is needed to be a top six team.

No compensation needed!

What other sources do we have that Moyes could be linked with us then? Everton's number 2 has buggered off to West Ham; I was reading something about a handshake between Randy and Moyes earlier? Anything else?

Ermmm ... its all very delicate ! I think you'll find the lack of information from ITK's is deafening ! I tend check what I've heard with MM as I don't think at this stage its worth putting details on here.

Moyes has been pretty bad with transfers but that also had to do with the limited funds at Everton.

Hmm,

Misses:

Koldrup 5m

Bilywhatsisname 10m (might fall into the neutral bracket yet)

Beattie 6m (about 2m back)

Neutral:

Fellaini 15m (probably will get his money back)

Johnson 10m (but got his money back)

Distin 5m ( a bit overpriced)

Howard ( a bit dodgy, but what goalkeeper isn't?)

Hits:

Lescott 5m

Jagielka 5m?

Baines 6m

Neville 5m?

Arteta 2.5m

Cahill 2m

I think that he has a decent transfer record, but might be a bit dodgy when the numbers get big for one player, but that seems to be the case with the best of managers.